Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Summoner Skill Ideas

2»

Comments

• I vote for none of them.
    I think having undead as a key "summon" to the Summoner class is stupid, and I would never pick it as a primary or secondary class if that was the case.

Having said that - I would love the possibility of summoning undead as a secondary class or other augment to the primary class.  Having a Necromancer class (Summoner/Cleric?) should be involved in almost any RPG.
  • Summon yo' momma to help you after I beat your ***
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    sunfrog said:
    Summon yo' momma to help you after I beat your ***
    Yo mama is so old, she leads the army of undead.

Yo mama is so fat, when I try to summon her through magicportal, she gets stuck in it.
  • nagash said:
    Loyheta said:
    I'd like to see some living or elemental summons. This seems more necromancer... like all of it.
    The more summons we get the better but the dead will always be supreme 
    Eh, you will always need a body to raise a corpse. However an elemental can be formed from anything around you.
  • When I made this thread I only thought of Summoners as necromancers. I don't know why, I guess that's just what I'm used to. Had I understood I would have put Elemental summons, spirit summoning familiar summoning, all that kind of cool stuff.
  • Chudyie said:
    When I made this thread I only thought of Summoners as necromancers. I don't know why, I guess that's just what I'm used to. Had I understood I would have put Elemental summons, spirit summoning familiar summoning, all that kind of cool stuff.
    You know what they say about hindsight xD
  • I would love for there to be an ability to summon weapons to fight for you like the Blood Death Knight ability in WOW or like Gilgamesh from Fate Zero
  • I voted for this because I'd want my bridge to be @Nagash shaped who'd just get on his knees and lie down so I could walk over him everytime I got to a cliff top :p
  • I feel like many of those ideas would be great, especially since they work in different themes. They ultimate might be a big elemental, the bridge could be formed out of rocks etc etc etc
    Since we know that there will be racial skins for summons, it's safe to assume that there will be more generic summons for those who haven't augmented, so that they could be adapted for each race.
  • Loyheta said:
    nagash said:
    Loyheta said:
    I'd like to see some living or elemental summons. This seems more necromancer... like all of it.
    The more summons we get the better but the dead will always be supreme 
    Eh, you will always need a body to raise a corpse. However an elemental can be formed from anything around you.
    you underestimate my power 

• Ruby437 said:
    I feel like many of those ideas would be great, especially since they work in different themes. They ultimate might be a big elemental, the bridge could be formed out of rocks etc etc etc
    Since we know that there will be racial skins for summons, it's safe to assume that there will be more generic summons for those who haven't augmented, so that they could be adapted for each race.
    I hope this is the case... it would be very dissapointing to find that the summons weren't specific for each class.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    If I were to play a necro type, all of them!
    I'd also love to raise a swarm of pirahna insects. Pretty pirahna insects :smiley:
  • Dolphin said:

Yo mama is so fat, when I try to summon her through magic portal, she gets stuck in it.

Yo mama so fat, when your father met her, her gravity sucked him right in.  :p
  • Summoners will be actively controlling the minions that are summoned, so it won't quite be that they are fighting for you, rather you will be fighting by controlling them.
  • Dygz said:
    Summoners will be actively controlling the minions that are summoned, so it won't quite be that they are fighting for you, rather you will be fighting by controlling them.
    that's the best type of control that way I can make sure they each get a limb to tear off 
  • Dygz said:
    Summoners will be actively controlling the minions that are summoned

So as a summoner you will be able to actively make succubi do whatever you want to you... erm... I mean, to your enemy?
  • Gothix said:

Dygz said:

So as a summoner you will be able to actively make succubi do whatever you want to you... erm... I mean, to your enemy?
    Now your getting into it still can't beat the dead but demons are always useful
  • Gothix said:
    Dygz said:

Did I hear warlock?? My main for 8 years in WOW was a Demo Warlock. I loved making my demons strong af and forcing them to do my bidding.
  • Zastro said:

Did I hear warlock?? My main for 8 years in WOW was a Demo Warlock. I loved making my demons strong af and forcing them to do my bidding.

Played for 5 years - release till Lich king. Played all classes actively, warlock among those.

I can say that leveling a warlock on PvP server together with my 2 friends (all 3 of us were warlocks leveling together) gave me some really exciting memories.

I was demo, 1 friend afli, and 1 destro. We 3 manned level appropriate dungeons while leveling, had some really fun times PvPing, specially vs higher level characters wanting to gank us and then failing due to our 3x warlock teamwork. Awesome times. :)

Loved my demo warlock as well.
  • nagash said:
    can I just vote for all of them
    +1 I'd vote for all of them. :neutral:
  • nagash said:
    can I just vote for all of them
    +1 I'd vote for all of them. :neutral:
    Another one joins the dead welcome to the club ^^
  • Hmmm what if anyone who is secondary summoner could summon 1 minion, and which minion this would be would depend on primary class?

(below suggested animals, besides elemental and fairy, could perhaps come as a demonic version when summoned) *

(suggested summons could be different animals as well) **

Archer / Summy - hawk
    Mage / Summy - elemental
    Cleric / Summy - fairy
    Tank / Summy - bear
    Warrior / Summy - lion
    Bard / Summy - wolf
    Rogue / Summy - panther

Summy / Summy - gets to summon 2 minions at the same time!! and has wider range of summons choices available to him
  • Gothix said:
    Hmmm what if anyone who is secondary summoner could summon 1 minion, and which minion this would be would depend on primary class?

(below suggested animals, besides elemental and fairy, could perhaps come as a demonic version when summoned) *

(suggested summons could be different animals as well) **

Archer / Summy - hawk
    Mage / Summy - elemental
    Cleric / Summy - fairy
    Tank / Summy - bear
    Warrior / Summy - lion
    Bard / Summy - wolf
    Rogue / Summy - panther

Summy / Summy - gets to summon 2 minions at the same time!! and has wider range of summons choices available to him

For Mage, it can be Dragon
    for Cleric, it can be Slug or Leech.

Just to fit the animal theme of you're going for.