Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is combat going to be floaty / unresponsive?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I promise we can't take the badge away no more ;)
  • Options
    In all mmo games I've played, combat is fast paced and responsive, looks beautiful and is just straight up fun. 

I don't see Intrepid following this, they're too caught up in "originality" that they don't really know what the people want. So far I haven't met a single person interested in their combat idea.

Lots of people are hesitant about the combat idea because Steven is mainly a PVE person, I personally think he'd develop what is right for the players of the game.

I trust they'll eventually make the right decisions, the combat will make or break the game right now, and they really need it to be good.
  • Options
    Which MMOs have you played?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    I don't know if its fair to say that Steven is mainly a PVE person.  The game he's played the most and where his community comes from is Lineage II, which is a PVP focused game.  He also played quite a bit of ArcheAge (which inspired him to start Intrepid), which is also a PVP focused game..  
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    I also had the vibe that something was off, now I get what it was. It's just this energy, some boom that was missing. What causes that?
    Two years of development, testing and tuning is what's missing.

This ^^