Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Unarmed/Fist Weapons

2»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    Uneecorn said:
    It started with me googling and finding this was the only topic about it. I only really wanted to know if it was confirmed or not but it got a little attention since I posted a comment on it.  :D
    Oh its no problem. its nice to see people using search for once
  • Options
    Yeah I didn't wanna seem like the idiot asking about things that have already been answered multiple times and making another topic about it.
  • Options
    Uneecorn said:
    No one will choose unarmed when they could have a cool weapon in hand.
    They would have to rework combat just for those unarmed folk, never going to happen.
    How would they have to rework the combat to add another melee option? It doesn't even have to be unarmed. Take the classes in lost ark for example, there are three different types of fist classes and they all use weapons. I'm pretty sure one of them is the most popular class(even though I can't really recall the name) and also Tera's brawler. Never say never my dude and don't underestimate the amount of people that would actually play something like this.

They would have to explain why a fist is rivaling a sword in damage and make changes to the animations.
  • Options
    Uneecorn said:
    They would have to rework combat just for those unarmed folk, never going to happen.
    How would they have to rework the combat to add another melee option? It doesn't even have to be unarmed. Take the classes in lost ark for example, there are three different types of fist classes and they all use weapons. I'm pretty sure one of them is the most popular class(even though I can't really recall the name) and also Tera's brawler. Never say never my dude and don't underestimate the amount of people that would actually play something like this.

They would have to explain why a fist is rivaling a sword in damage and make changes to the animations.
    I did say it doesn't really have to be unarmed that's why I gave Tera's brawler and the lost ark classes as an example. I didn't even mention kung-fu master and soul fighter from blade and soul. Also monk in ff14. I'm sure blunt damage will be a thing in the game already.
  • Options
    Uneecorn said:

take your pick

Ki
    Magic 
    chakra
    meditation
    pure strength

there are many reasons why you can have monks in FANTASY games

• Options
    nagash said:
    Uneecorn said:

take your pick

Ki
    Magic 
    chakra
    meditation
    pure strength

there are many reasons why you can have monks in FANTASY games

I agree!
  • Options
    I played Teras Kasi in Star Wars Galaxies and Monk in EQ2. I also love it when i can make cosmetic changes so my Casters only use their hands. I am hoping Cosmetically we can change this for Casters. I don't like how the Cleric uses a Staff as a Polearm.
  • Options
    Probably no fist weapons or fist class but the martial artist is missing from their classes so if they do add a class I could see that being the first class to be added...but that'd be anywhere from 2-3 years after the games release maybe longer before we see another class. So don't expect any martial artist weapons for the game.
  • Options
    Probably no fist weapons or fist class but the martial artist is missing from their classes so if they do add a class I could see that being the first class to be added...but that'd be anywhere from 2-3 years after the games release maybe longer before we see another class. So don't expect any martial artist weapons for the game.
    I see. I was thinking it would just be a fighter with a different archetype or something. Although disappointing, it is nice that it's a possibility!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    I just realized this is a one year necro
    Bildergebnis fr DD necromancer meme
  • Options
  • Options
    Here is the list of weapons as of this date in the testing that they have bothered to create multiple skins and animations for. While they very well could add more down the line, at a certain point people need to realize just because they want a specific item, doesn't mean it is going to appear.

• Options
    Here is the list of weapons as of this date in the testing that they have bothered to create multiple skins and animations for. While they very well could add more down the line, at a certain point people need to realize just because they want a specific item, doesn't mean it is going to appear.

I don't think anyone said that it will be a guarantee that this will be in the game. Like nobody will be demanding this be a thing. We're just hopeful and having a discussion about it. Thanks for the list though.
  • Options
    i want it. Will it be there, maybe, maybe not, am i demanding it no,  can i still request it, I sure as shit will till the studio tells me straight up no. 
  • Options
    Guildart said:
    i want it. Will it be there, maybe, maybe not, am i demanding it no,  can i still request it, I sure as shit will till the studio tells me straight up no. 
    Agreed!
  • Options
    I flip between fantasy entries and factual entries. Sometimes i just want to break free of limitations and dream for a few moments. Then i get back to the serious grind of gleaning the facts of the MMO so i can surpass competitors. All in all i love this forum for the breadth of discussions ;)
  • Options
    Uneecorn said:
    They wouldn't have to rework combat, but they would have to add additional animations for punching assuming those animations don't already exist for some other system.
  • Options
    Our monk wannabes can dream and hope and ask. :*
  • Options
    Arzosah said:
    Uneecorn said:
    They wouldn't have to rework combat, but they would have to add additional animations for punching assuming those animations don't already exist for some other system.
    I see! Yeah I figured that would have to be done. I think the other person implied that there would need to be a complete rework though.
  • Options
    Here is a list of fighting styles by country from around the world.
    Look and see what you like to help give you some ideas on how you would like to fight.
    Myself, I would like to be able to use anything within reach as a weapon or thrown object.  Once broke a cast iron frying pan defending myself from attacker.
    One other area I can think of is using fingers going after eyes and bite someone.
    Have fun thinking up ideas on how you want to fight and maybe we will get to see some of them in game.

• Options
    You're all welcome (as of today's stream) it's a stretch goal, not confirmed but stretch goal. 

• Options
    I
    CAST
    FIST!!!!
  • Options
    I saw! Nice
  • Options
    Maybe we'll get a monk after all. <cross fingers>

• Options
    T-Elf said:
    Maybe we'll get a monk after all. <cross fingers>

*Hype Intensifies*