This is all brainstormed. Please leave constructive comments
down below on how this could be better, or what is wrong about it. Thanks ( ͡° ͜ʖ
How does this sound?
· A weapon system based on character level.
· When you get a weapon, it has three (or more) different states, normal (like BDO green weapons), good (BDO blue weapons), and rare (BDO yellow weapons). They can be acquired like normal (killing monsters, crafting, bosses, NPC purchases, etc.)
· The weapons get better, the more you use them ( like workers in BDO get new abilities every 5 level, when you use them, max being level 30). Every (certain) amount of levels your weapon goes up, it will get a new buff or perk (like +5 dmg to undead, or range +7). The effectiveness of the perks will be based on weapon rarity and RNG (like when you level up a horse in BDO, the skills you get are generated by RNG). When your weapon hits the max level, you can reset perks you don’t want by lowering your weapon level (BDO when your worker hits max level you can reset one of his skills).
· Instead of a RNG progression system, the weapons can use artifacts that the players can get from doing world activities (killing monsters, crafting, bosses, NPC purchases, etc.) You can have up to five artifacts in a weapon.
· These artifacts will have attributes like elemental properties.
· These artifacts will determine the weapons overall rank, using an average system. If the artifacts are ranked by rarity, 5-star being the rarest, your weapons rank will be a combination of the five artifacts in your weapon (If you have [5,5,4,3,5] your weapon is 4.4/5 ,so like legendary).
The artifacts could apply to weapons and armor, some dealing more damage to others, while some be dealing decent damage to all. When you add an artifact to your gear, it will be destroyed when removed. Damage from your weapon could be based on your artifact choices.