Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Walk Animations

Do you think there will be multiple walk, run and idle animations to choose from? I would love the ability to take my character customization just a little bit further and choose my characters charisma. Maybe a hunched over rouge or a proud noble knight? 

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    While that does sound like something with near-infinite possibilities :)  , i think Intrepid should focus on the Core Aspects 1st and then  trying to polish that 1st too.  
    • Such as Combat, Ability Animations, Character Creation, In-Depth World-Design, etc ...
    • Even the, " Little-things " that'll be noticable sooner-or-later (xD)
    In short ... something that'll be constantly presented to the Player regardless if they're a RPer, PvPer or a Casual 
  • Options
    I like the idea @Elder and I guess they could do something along the lines of "personalities" in ESO but I didn't really like them when implemented. I think the little things can make a big difference in an MMO but I ultimately agree with what @Eragale said. :)
  • Options
    I am not a roleplayer myself, but it would be fun to have multiple walking speeds (eg. walk, run, sneak) as well as the ability to sit anywhere (not just chairs a la "Press E to sit") even if sitting doesn't recover HP/MP/SP. It's a small detail most recent games forgot about, and I am sure especially roleplayers will be glad to have this feature.
  • Options
    @FliP I remember during the freehold tour video the ranger was using a slow walking animation so hopefully they keep that for the live game. 
  • Options
    I've already requested a pimp walk. No idea if they'll do it.
  • Options
    You'll more likely get a chimp walk.
  • Options
    Think its somewhere in this 1st Video  :o ? Feel Free to watch both  :)

• Options
    Would be fun, but only if you learn how to write 'rogue' properly. Rouge is a french word describing a red color, while rogue refers to a person commonly associated with committing crimes or other unmoral acts.
  • Options
    Given that how a race etc moves and feels is a large factor in whether you feel happy choosing to play it, I'm 100% behind any customisation of such!
  • Options
    I'm definitely for it. Adds to the IMMERSION.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    I like the idea @Elder and I guess they could do something along the lines of "personalities" in ESO but I didn't really like them when implemented. I think the little things can make a big difference in an MMO but I ultimately agree with what @Eragale said. :)
    I think the personalities in ESO work really well. Some are really subtle, just ways of standing (one where you just bring your hand to your chin in a thoughtful manner) and others are for different modes of walking.

We know that, once they have the base game stuff down, they will be working on a lot of the kickstarter stretch targets, so no reason why this stuff can't make it into release, or at least soon after. All depends, but as many have said, it can be little things like this that make a difference.
  • Options
    That would be cool, maybe in the character customization screen, you can choose youre walk and run etc. Some games already do that. Somewhere in the back of my mind tells me that.
  • Options
    Victorian High Heel walk pls =D
  • Options
    I'm still hoping we get Villainous Movement in Ashes.
  • Options
    give me my evil walk where I look down on everyone 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Victorian High Heel walk pls =D
    Did they have high heels? Just curious because my own ignorance :)