Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Modcast times

Hello Ashes of Community.
I have one concern about this community's moderators Modcast. It's a good thing that our community mods keep up with the community, and communicates with it. Like with the recent Modcast that looks like it's every Wednesday now on.
Now the concern about it. Since the hosts mostly have been from NA, the the stream is usually at good NA time. As a part of this community, I'd like to watch those live and ask some questions when the Q&A time comes. But because of the difference in timezones, the stream usually starts at middle of the night/late evening for most of the EU community. That is really sad since, you know, EU community exists also.

(example of good EU planning, thanks to [Reborn] Auron for this picture)

So, why not to make separate NA and EU Modcasts for those regions? (nobody cares about OZ) Or at least do the stream at weekends for gods sake. We (you) have the manpower to do that, so can you even think about it. I bet Proxy can talk about this game for hours and hours, and some eager EU players would like to join the stream too. So please, make it available for everyone to enjoy, not just NA players.

Regards, the whole EU community.

Comments

• Options
    Hi @Kandy we appreciate your feedback on this and yes timezones can be a pain, we are working on a better timezone that would work for everyone, however, balancing the different mod's time zones, peoples real-life jobs etc can be a pain when organising when to do stuff like this, rest assured we do hear you and we are trying to work something out :)

• Options
    @Shunex Yeah thanks for taking note on this. Was going to add poll too but I have no idea how this works so let it be. But since we have now moderator answer, would be great to hear EU community's voice on this subject too. So let them hear you now.
  • Options
    Kandy said:(nobody cares about OZ) 
    well... :lol:

• Options
    As a member of the EU Community, I feel obligated to reply, as per "would be great to hear EU community's voice on this subject too".

I never watched one of the Mod Casts for already mentioned reasons. I can barely attend the official live streams since they also usually are in the middle of the night mostly.

• Options
    I have to ask, because inquiring minds need to know. I'm not trying to be inflammatory in asking this.

This isn't going to be like Kickstarter is it? Where a bunch of people complained that a huge player base from EU was unable to participate so they made the Summer Backer program to accommodate this "huge community" and then something like 1500 people total (not all even EU) of the promised "10,000" participated. 

Why change something for a minority at the expense of the majority. How many EU players are actually bothered by the current time? 

• Options
    It is called "Ashes of Community Modcast". If they would rename it to "Ashes of NA Community Modcast" then all would be fine.

You're basically saying that the EU Community is not important and shouldn't be bothered about. So technically, we are not part of your welcoming community, which is said.

Obviously, the NA community will be larger since the only advertising was for the NA audience
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    FliP said:
    It is called "Ashes of Community Modcast". If they would rename it to "Ashes of NA Community Modcast" then all would be fine.

You're basically saying that the EU Community is not important and shouldn't be bothered about. So technically, we are not part of your welcoming community, which is said.

Obviously, the NA community will be larger since the only advertising was for the NA audience
    I never said any of that. I asked how many EU players are bothered by the ModCast time vs is this just a vocal minority who wants accommodations?

I can't ever watch the Dev streams because the timing is so early I'm still at work, but you don't see me launching a campaign to change the time. As of right now, the ModCast is the only one late enough that I can watch. 

Don't try to put words in my mouth and straw man me. 
  • Options
    FliP said:

That's not what @Karthos said at all. You justified his stance by your final comment. The guys running the modcast are Australian and Americans, come on, give them a break. If you're tired of how dominant the pacific mods are then you're welcome to notify your intent to join the team and run your own modcast for us "neglected" EU folks.
  • Options
    As Shunex had shared, we are working to coordinate possible options to maybe capture a broader audience. Coordination of (3) of our schedules as it is currently is even a challenge. My time constraints due to IRL job limit my weekday availability. We may consider weekend options...still too early to say, but know that we are exploring possibilities =)
  • Options
    Fellow Ashen Members, hear me now...

When Shunex, Bele and I decided to go forth with this new project, it was tough. Why, you ask? Well friends, let me tell you a wonderful tale...

Bele and I are active as the Mods here in Ashes of Creation, usually from 12 PM - 11 PM. Sometimes, we may go even earlier from 8 AM - 11 PM / 12 AM. This is on Eastern Standard Times. Shunex is active between the hours of 12 AM - 12 PM (EST). We have had a hard time to figure out what would be a great time, because let's be honest we could totally set up a great time like 3 PM or 12 PM EST, but what does that mean? That means it is 9 AM for the PST players, and 12 AM for the OCE region, and around 6-9 PM for the EU players. 

It is literally impossible. The Ashes of Community is a small project that Bele, Shun and I have started up with the intention of creating this fun little environment. The ModCast itself is a bit difficult to attain to that same construct. The reason for that being is no matter what time we go on, it will affect another region entirely. Now, to answer the original question as to why don't we just have an EU version of the ModCast? Well, for reasons I'd rather not get into, it is pretty difficult to get that set up. With that notion in play, we'd also have to be fair and thus create an OCE ModCast. It just doesn't work well. Remember, the staff for the Ashes of Community project are the above names. 

All I can say to perhaps remedy this, is to have some patience and we will be looking for better times to serve all regions. At the moment we are looking at 6 PM EST (Which ends up being 3 PM PST / 6 AM AUSW / 12 AM UTC). One way or another, we're going to end up having a region that misses out. This isn't about which region is better, nor that NA Moderators are doing this on NA times. That was never the intention, we are all on prime times (sometime 16 hours a day!). So give us some time. I'm sure we can come up with something in the next week. 

I'd like to officially announce that we are putting our ModCasts on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and other major podcasting platforms for the players to download, stream or hang out with. 

• Options
    I feel like a public apology is due, explaining the reason for my overreaction.

In past games that were developed and or published by NA publishers, event times usually were in favor of the NA community and EU players completely unable to attend events at 3 am in the morning.
    While we tried to reason with both the community and publisher to "slightly adjust" event times so EU players have a chance to at least attempt 1 or 2 events a month, the usual toxic replies we got were "This is a NA publisher, gtfo EU."

In the heat of the moment, I thought @Karthos' comment was heading in that direction.
    I'd also like to apologize to the Mod Team that is working hard to give us a weekly mod cast.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    I have to ask, because inquiring minds need to know. I'm not trying to be inflammatory in asking this.

This isn't going to be like Kickstarter is it? Where a bunch of people complained that a huge player base from EU was unable to participate so they made the Summer Backer program to accommodate this "huge community" and then something like 1500 people total (not all even EU) of the promised "10,000" participated. 

Why change something for a minority at the expense of the majority. How many EU players are actually bothered by the current time? 

I agree with you here. Who the hell doesn't have a credit card in 2017? I'm from EU and I was the one of the first backers on KS. I feel like 'KS not supporting PayPal' was an excuse for another crowdfunding campaign but whatever, what's done is done.

However, this is different. I am following this game from day 1 and so far I didn't miss a thing. I was waiting to listen to the mods on a chill evening, because I know they know more than we do and I'd love to hear what they had to say. But they decided to hold the event on 4:30 AM my time, 3:30 for most of the EU. 

EU is not as minor as you think. I'll only tell you that NA couldn't even pull half of the 19.576 KS backers. 
  • Options
  • Options
    AeonAuron said:
    I agree with you here. Who the hell doesn't have a credit card in 2017?
    People in the EU often don't because we use cash cards, together with the SEPA system. I needed my partner's help to back me because he has a credit card, which he wouldn't have had if we hadn't struggled with our money last year. It differs from nation to nation - Germans tend not to use credit cards since it's paying with money you don't have. Plenty of people here don't even trust paying by card.

About the topic: I get that the mods only have limited time, but there also wasn't a way to ask questions beforehand that might be answered during the stream, like it is the case in the official livestreams.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    I have a few members in Elusive who are in England, Germany, and Sweden who play with us on US Eastern Time.  I'm sure they would be interested in this as well -- Let's talk sometime, I have an idea............

DM me in Discord or you can join ours: Jebporkins#4204

:)
    @Kandy
    @EdtheChef
    @FliP
  • Options
    I have a few members in Elusive who are in England, Germany, and Sweden who play with us on US Eastern Time.  I'm sure they would be interested in this as well -- Let's talk sometime, I have an idea............

DM me in Discord or you can join ours: Jebporkins#4204

:)
    @Kandy
    @EdtheChef
    @FliP
    Discord told me: "Hm, didn't work."
    Maybe Discord is implying "Hmm, he is not working, but at work. He should work and not add people on Discord."

You could try to add me instead. FliP#8944
  • Options
    You could always post a question in the forums for the mods to answers that way you get your question out there, and you don't have to change the time.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    You could always post a question in the forums for the mods to answers that way you get your question out there, and you don't have to change the time.
    Actually .... one of the ideas i have is to pull top topics from the forums as one of the discussion points =D
  • Options
    Belewyn said:
    nagash said:
    Actually .... one of the ideas i have is to pull top topics from the forums as one of the discussion points =D
    Its the most logical action to take 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Belewyn said:
    nagash said:
    Its the most logical action to take 
    I never knew you were a Vulcan before you lost your ears!
  • Options
    Belewyn said:
    nagash said: