Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Obligatory Hello, Just arrived, many questions

Greetings! My wife and I just heard about this game and are persuaded it's worth plopping down a stake in the ground. Alpha at $225 is a little steep for us, but $100 for the Beta package seems very doable. 

When will the alpha and betas start? Is public testing in progress yet? We will start reading up on the game and checking out the YouTube videos, etc. (YouTube is how we in fact heard about the game). We are veteran MMO players, currently playing ArcheAge (I hear the hisses and boos), and jonesing for a new MMO. This one looks like much of what we want.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Wanderlust_AOC Alpha 0 starts in Dec 2017 however, only a few selected players and some lucky ones will have access. Alpha 1 and 2 have no dates yet but potentially mid 2018 and then end 2018.

I was a hardcore Archeage player and I can tell you AoC is the game for you guys! Welcome and hope we see you through the alpha stages and not just beta. Fork out the 225 and join me for Alpha 2. Maybe we are both lucky and get Alpha 0 access.
  • Options
    Welcome to the community.

As previously stated, Alpha 0 will be the first "public" access with up to 900 people if IS continue to give away keys until December 15th.

The next stages will be Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 scheduled for 2018, while Betas should be somewhen in 2019 and release by 2020.

However, these are just estimated milestones and IS is progressing nicely, so we will hopefully see some of those stages sooner than advertised.
  • Options
    *looses a bolt from a crossbow, which  pierces an airship which explodes in a puff of smoke and glitter*

Welcome welcome Mrs and Mr @Wanderlust! Great to have you both on-board, So very jealous of all you wonderful gaming couples, I hope that you get given the opportunity to properly fight over an Alpha key! By which I mean, I hope you win at least one, if not two.

Welcome!
  • Options

Welcome to the community  @Wanderlust_AoC and great to hear that you're backing this promising project. There's limited information out there right now but here are some excellent sources for you to begin your exciting journey on the hype train:

Recent livestreams

Livestream archives

The Odyssey

Dungeon Crawler Network

Ashen Foundry

DeathsProxy videos

Informational posts on the forums

AoC Wiki

Enjoy! :)

• Options
    Welcome to the community ;)
  • Options

Welcome to our community!
    Everyone has already provided useful links but I'll add a link to the official discord!
    https://discord.gg/yc6nrR
    If you have any further questions feel free to join here too!

As for the available packs on the store~ If you feel the packs are not suitable for you and your wife then you are best to wait ^^ More packs will be available in the future!

• Options

Great..after I bought the Alpha 2 key... now they will have earlier packages.
  • Options
    TS u told $225 is steep for u. Actually I`m from RUS and average salary in our country is $500 for month. $225 is not little steep, $225 is incredibly many.
  • Options
    PL4Y3R said:

Ummm...you realize the Today date is from when it was published....before the PAX packages were available. They most likely won't have access to alpha 1 for sale after offering alpha 2 in those for exactly the the PR hit that you are expressing. Anytime you see a quote from discord..depending on how it was copied by the person who originally did it, you may see the actual day, or Today expressed as the quote date.
  • Options
    welcome to ashes Wanderlust_AOC and may I say great avatar that beard is stunning *rubs my boney chin*
  • Options
    Hello there and welcome to the Community =D
  • Options
    Welcome to you and your wife!  Hope you enjoy your ride on the Ashes hype train as it gathers speed and we get to know each other.
  • Options
    PL4Y3R said:

Ummm...you realize the Today date is from when it was published....before the PAX packages were available. They most likely won't have access to alpha 1 for sale after offering alpha 2 in those for exactly the the PR hit that you are expressing. Anytime you see a quote from discord..depending on how it was copied by the person who originally did it, you may see the actual day, or Today expressed as the quote date.
    So it should be removed as it is confusing then.
  • Options
    Welcome to the party! Glad to have you and your wife aboard!
  • Options
    Welcome to our forum @Wanderlust_AOC and wifey! Please ask questions and post your ideas in the discussions, it helps to add to the H Y P E. :smiley:
  • Options
    Welcome you and your wife to the community @Wanderlust_AOC!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Options
    Ah, what a wonderful welcome. Thank you all, I can already tell that we have come to the right place!

And thanks for the links, I'm loving reading about this. But omg, we so want to start building up our node ...

• Options
    Welcome to the Community! :D@Wanderlust_AOC