Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

8 Weeks Left to Get An Alpha 0 Key?

Was looking at the key giveaways. It looks like the last 4 weeks were all hand chosen people.
Will there be random selection Alpha 0 keys coming soon? I'm not so good at Forum Discussions or Artistic stuff. Do I have less than 8 chances  left to win an Alpha 0 key?

Comments

• every week until this month have been random and it should be going back to random soon. still the odds of getting a key is low
  • Ok. Thanks for the quick reply!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    We also have these super spooky competitions on the go!

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/36374/haunted-halloween-upcoming-community-events-and-a-special-spook-a-thon-stream

There are a variety of events to take part in such as Halloween costumes, writing short stories, carving pumpkins and drawing some art (you don't need to be an artist!)

Just remember to read the rules before participation!

@youch The giveaways are bi-weekly and will be a mix of hand picked and random! 
  • Yep, the Halloween contests are probably your best bet currently. Good luck! :)
  • Welcome to Ashes!
  • There should be 4 more giveaways, as they are bi-weekly.

I'd rather prefer the handpicked giveaways, as it is always nice to recognize someone getting a key instead of random accounts that probably won't even claim the keys. It's a waste.

I am fine with rewarding people that are active and contributing. Congratulations to all the forum fellas that got their keys so far.
  • Also, remember that Alpha 0 is under NDA, so while you may win in December, they would not unlock your account until you sent your NDA paperwork back. The other thing is we may see a slew of key giveaways once 0 is underway in the unlikely event that people are not logging on or just haven't sent back their paperwork, depending on what they are looking at testing. Those not in the Alpha won't really see a big difference in information generated, since anything released will have to come from IS. Those under NDA may have some sort of locked forum where they can give feedback, but the people not in it won't be seeing those posts.
    edited October 2017
    Yes next to no chance for a key and that's ok, but will be looking forward to the NDA being lifted and all of that glorious new information, both good and bad.

I do agree that people who have contributed to this forum and other places should get a key, they are the biggest fans have shown a willingness to contribute so let them test. 
  • Don't expect it to be lifted till months after 0, we know that 1 will not be under NDA, but it all comes down to how long they run 0 and how bad the feedback is.
  • Whist I agree that those who are more active should get rewarded, I'd rather that this game avoids becoming clique, also there are so many reasons why folks won't have been able to be as active in the community...

• Don't expect it to be lifted till months after 0, we know that 1 will not be under NDA, but it all comes down to how long they run 0 and how bad the feedback is.

Yes know we will be in for quite the wait before it is lifted but that's ok, I am sure some info will be released through twitch during alpha0.
  • Megs said:
    Whist I agree that those who are more active should get rewarded, I'd rather that this game avoids becoming clique, also there are so many reasons why folks won't have been able to be as active in the community...

Not everyone who is active has gotten a key. I am on daily and haven't had any luck yet. Then again, I have been quite vocal on certain issues that were dodgy. I would be interested to see how many of the random key winners actually have sent back the NDA paperwork or even remember that they signed up.
    edited October 2017
    Yup, there are several active folks such as yourself I'd love to see get a key :(
  • 8 more weeks and there are around 140k registered forum accounts. So the changes are so low :cry:

• Megs said:
    Yup, there are several active folks such as yourself I'd love to see get a key :(
    Lets hope so xD