Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Driveby buffs

2»

Comments

• Options
    Gothix said:
    Yeah, and on other side it would be kind of dumb to see you cast fire AoE and players standing in it not taking damage...

Complete waste of realism, down the drain.
    Well, non targeted AoEs (template or radiating) could very well be exempt from the flagging mechanic, but that is pretty open to abuse. 

There's not a simple solution here, but a solid overall game design for how this needs to be handled in the myriad of interaction combinations in a non-faction PvX game like Ashes.

Not only for immersion/realism but from a simple game mechanics point of view. It's a tricky one.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Yeah, and on other side it would be kind of dumb to see you cast fire AoE and players standing in it not taking damage...

Complete waste of realism, down the drain.

Yes it would make no sense at all but then does that open up anyone you are not grouped with being subject to any aoe you cast, I would suggest yes, the same would apply with healing.
    I guess the thing is you have to kill a green non combatant to gain corruption but just hitting a flagged person would also flag you. We seem to have more questions than answers at this point.
  • Options

• Options

Thanks @UnknownSystemError for that, so no hitting people out of combat or green players with damage effects, I wonder if that would apply to buffing and healing too.
  • Options

What if I'm not force sensitive?
  • Options
    I personally would like to see friendly fire in an MMO, but i think it would drive away the majority of the player base. It would take a level of skill to play a friendly fire MMO that i dont think the average casual player could maintain. I know that for myself having 2 kids and a 3rd on the way, and a full time job and other responsibilities outside of parenting/working that the only reason i could enjoy a game like that would be my years of no lifing games as a homeschooled kid growing up.
  • Options
    Chudyie said:
    On Allods Online, in the good years (2009s-12) there was a great community and there were spells called "Maximize" and "Minimize" that would increase your strength or evasion and actually increase or decrease the size of your character and it was fun, as people would run up to a random mage and say, "Maxi me."
    or the EQ original "SoW plz"
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Update. Drive by buffs will flag as combatant when applied to combatant. Any interaction with combatant flags. Livestream 11/17 timestamp 29:30
  • Options
    Did hear that on the stream nice to have an answer to that one.
  • Options
    This could be good. I bet there will be a few guilds out there who will make teams of max level peeps who will set up in low and mid level towns just to buff newer players. =)

Hope the buffs work on pets as if they're players.