Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

2»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Both have my attention equally, I hope both succeed. 

Both want to breath some life back into the MMORPG.

They are also both quite different games which is also nice.

Pantheon is more PVE and AOC is more PVP both have a little overlay.

Judging Pantheons appearance at this stage is a bit premature as they have specifically stated that looks is the last thing they will be focusing on their main focus is game mechanics and lore. Following the progress of the development where looks are the last focus which will fall in towards the later stages of development if you look at the recent work on graphics you can see dramatic differences recently.

I don't think it has to be one is better than the other each is quite different and depending on play style some will be pulled more to one or the other based on our preference than one is better than the other. For the lucky ones, both will have equal draw  and we could play both :)

The thought has crossed my mind as well as 2 indie companies that both want t breath some life back into the MMORPG, it would be interesting if somewhere further down the road, what could happen if both companies worked together on a shared project that gave the bigger companies a run for their money more than they could independently. We are talking much later and unlikely it would happen but imagine the possibilities what both could produce together. This is just wishful thinking on my part :)

AOC and Pantheon is pretty much  all I talk about and are the only two that actually hold any interest for me at this time.

Having both become very successful works to everyone's best interest because it will make companies take a very different look at PTW model.

Me big hope is that these will become so succesfull that they will draw people away from the freemium industry and we can see more quality games that you pay to play instead of the illusion of free with PTW.

Not just for the MMORPG but also the RPG.

I mean just look at what we have available in the mobile industry as well as the pc.

So for me I don't want one to be better than the other or do better than the other I want both to do great and do much better the the cash grab games out their.

Be nice to see them as two countries that are Allies of integrity fighting against Tyranny.