Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Do you want a mini-map in Ashes of Creation?

2»

Comments

• Options
    • The mini Map should be toggled on/off.
    • You should only be able to see on the Big map and mini Map what you have explored already.
    • Would prefer if maps were not capable of being purchased. Maps are filled in as you adventure.

Those are my wishes. Games are too easy these days too much is done for you which takes away from exploration and excitement when reaching new areas. When is game is more challenging and you have to do things on your own you feel better about your accomplishments and it gives value to the game.

• Options
    There is some novelty in exploring a new area, but once explored, a minimap for everyday travel/farming is a must.
  • Options
    I think there should be a mini map, it needs to have a toggle (this is likely) and it should only record places where you have been, not where you need to go to.
  • Options
    Bajjer said:
    Having a mini-map, for me, is mostly a quality of life issue. I have played games without them and I find myself opening and closing the main map again, and again, and again, and again, ad nauseum.

This!!  This right here is why I love my mini-map
  • Options
    Please. No. I mean, I'm fine with a minimap, but don't make it so we can see every part of the map on the get go. If this game is truly about exploring, we should have to explore.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I would like to have a map, but you have to fill it in by exploring and going to cities to pay for the map to be added too. That way you have a reason to explore, and you are not handheld at the same time. This also fits in with what steven was saying in the stream where quest can come from random people or taverns
    Exactly.. I think a mini map should be a perk you create rather than granted.