(Idea) 1st expansion is.............Flight..................why?

2»

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Vortigern said:
    Node Owners will have access to some Flying mount if I remember correctly. But specifically that person, so it's a rare sight.
    The mayors/kings/<insert title> of Metropolis level nodes will have access to a dragon for the length of their tenure. Once they are no longer mayor, they lose the mount. Metropolis are capped at 5 total on each server. Guild leaders who control a pvp castle (and confirmed that there is no guild leadership sharing) also get access to a dragon for as long as their guild controls the castle. Pvp castles are also capped at 5 per server. While they have mentioned the possibility of extremely rare egg drops that will give a timed life dragon, expect them to be almost never seen. So with a concurrent server cap of 10k people, and only 10 or so people able to have a dragon once the server is fully developed, that is 0.001 percent of the population with flight ability at any one time.
    And to clarify a point before newer members who haven't looked that information up yet. Nodes are not "owned". For each node type there is an election process that has been mentioned take place monthly (time limit not confirmed). Guilds will NOT own nodes, though they can/will have an impact on elections if they have a majority of citizens in that node. Certain node election types make sure that guilds have no control or influence over said elections. Military is pvp arena/leaderboard mechanic.(Guilds rigging that process will most likely be censured after complaints) Economic is whoever bids the most for that month of control. Religious is who has the highest religious service score (scanty details). Scientific nodes are democratic election type, and are the ones vulnerable to guild manipulation.
    edited November 2017
    so its like archeage heroes ellection once per month.. noted. They will have jury system as well? for criminals?

So gliders it is.  I play archeage at this point, i have 3 patrons (multibox). 

• Oyranos said:
    so its like archeage heroes ellection once per month.. noted.

So gliders it is.
    Ergh, I'd rather a Drake that could climb.
    edited November 2017
    Vortigern said:
    Oyranos said:
    so its like archeage heroes ellection once per month.. noted.

So gliders it is.
    Ergh, I'd rather a Drake that could climb.
    A glider cannot climp, but archeage do have a couple of mounts with climbing skills, they are slow at running but can climb rocks and mountains.  DO NOT confuse gliding with climbing. :)

I am happy to see a similar to archeage but without p2w aspects.
  • Aerial combat is the most boring there is. I believe WoW had flight and it was removed for a reason.

So be it, Amen.
  • Certain mounts WILL have the ability to climb. Whether they will have both abilities to climb and glide in one mount, not confirmed.
  • FliP said:
    Aerial combat is the most boring there is. I believe WoW had flight and it was removed for a reason.

So be it, Amen.
    They didnt remove flying from WoW
  • WoW realized they had screwed the pooch on allowing flying in the first place. Once a system is in place if you take it away from gamers they go ballistic. So now they limit flying in every expansion. Sure, the flying is still there. But you basically have to complete most of the content and then in some cases jump through hoops to unlock the ability to fly. 
    https://kotaku.com/players-can-finally-use-flying-mounts-in-world-of-warcr-1728434035
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758765786
  • Ok so keep it rare, but still have it in the game. Make it that holy grail type of quest. Not everyone can do it, but those that can will get the reward. And if you keep it to glide only, I am cool with that too. Just doesn't make since to have a mount with wings, but you can't fly with them.
  • 0.001 percent is a holy grail kind of quest. Want flying, build and run a badass pvp guild and take a castle. Put on your give out candy and kiss a baby emotes and wow the citizen players of your home node and win an election. Make like a pvp badass and kill all comers to the arena of your home military node. Be the best Ferengi out there, mass stockpile gold pressed latinum, and buy access to that dragon through an economic node. Or show just how pious and giving you are to your god, and become the titular pope of your religious metropolis for a cycle.
    Image result for flying squirrel gif
  • I still want a balloon. HAHA

• I don't understand the desire to fly. IRL flying is fun, but in a game it's either a shortcut or necessity to gain access to certain areas.

The "Holy Grail" of flight will be dragons, and dragons have to be earned by your actions and reputation with your community. No single player questing for flight, no buying flight, no renting flight, and hopefully that goes for all expansions too!
  • My point mainly was if there is flying in the game, why not let others have it too, not just Mayors and Kings. But I am cool with keeping it rare, and putting limits on it. Faster then walking, or riding, but have a limited range you can go too. Besides this wasn't something I said I was looking to get day one, I do remember saying after the game has been out a while. Who knows how it will shape out, maybe a need will popup, and people will say I wish I could get there faster.

Oh and here is a thought, with a science Node town, what will be the fast travel they will offer? Hmmmm Science isn't magic after all, so what is fast travel when it comes to that. Anyway, my idea wasn't meant to be added soon, just down the road a bit. Geez people relax a bit.

• There is no fast travel with a "science node town", there is a ZOI fast travel that can be built at the metropolis scientific node if the mayor dedicates the resources to building it. Unconfirmed mechanics, but since we are all arriving through a magical portal mechanic, bet ya it will be some variation of that. Fast travel will be from the metropolis to other certain level node centers under that controlling metropolis zoi. Since the quoted estimate on metropolis level nodes is several months, it will be a long time down the road before we see it implemented, and no idea on cost and restrictions.
    Steven has said in a couple different interviews and livestreams that "science" will NOT go down the road of steampunk or gunpowder based technology. You can bet it will be some variation of elemental, crystals, and magic research.
  • No Steam-Engines for trains in the science nodes :neutral:
    I see it more as a magic/teleporter similar to Star Trek where you would "unload" in an area and "spawn" in another.
  • I feel like fast travel and flying mounts are a hindrance to the overall immersion of a game. My first MMO (FFXI) felt like an actual world because it took time to get places. It allowed you to take in the scenery as you travel from place to place. It also had a Sky zone (which I thought was beautiful at the time-still love the translucent floors that light up as you walk). It gives you the time to enjoy/dread the particular scenery or weather at the time.

While the devs themselves say they don't want fast travel/flying mounts in the game, does not necessarily mean they would NEVER include them. Maybe the time would come when they feel they would have to add them due to the world becoming too large to travel or to attract or keep players in game. Same goes with matchmaking.
  • I just want to float that's all ^^