Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Thoughts on active GMs

So interesting concept, back in the game Matrix Online, there were GMs who would literally play the characters of the world such as Morpheus. By doing so they would do activities or other things that affected how players interacted.

What are your thoughts on having active GMs in AoC? Potential in-game spawns that would give you a rare quest? Maybe someone who would band with your group suddenly for an unusual quest, changing the general dynamics. Placing a GM in the spot of a world leader? 

I know this is a massive concept/scope of an idea, and it would take a fair amount of manpower due to a number of servers that will be there ect. However, I know that at it's peak of power, WoW actually had a decent interaction amount from in game GMs, and there were always stories of when a guild ran across one and how the interaction went. It added an air of mystery and realism into the game I found unique.

Thoughts and ideas?

Comments

• Options

I'd love to see active GMs In game. With a primary objective in finding "cheaters", It's kinda frustrating to see bot-trains in most modern games with a tiny possibility of getting them baned by making recordings, sending them to customer service, hoping those will do something. When game "owners" do nothing themselves to clear the cases.

And ofc in free time, those GMs can do some events. That's up developers.

• Options
    I mentioned ideas like this in posts scattered throughout. So I absolutely support and adore the idea. GM's taking over lore characters and interacting with the playerbase, it's a little thing that would make stuff so awesome.
  • Options
    Totally with you there Awe as far as it comes to GMs being there for in game help and stuff.
    I'm glad other people have the same feelings as well Ariatras! It really does add so much!
  • Options
    Intrepid did confirm in game GMs many months back I believe.
  • Options
    Belewyn said:
    Intrepid did confirm in game GMs many months back I believe.
    Yes they did.  We've yet to know what their actual roles will be.   
  • Options
    I would just like to add that I hope GMs will not be allowed to join any player guilds (even with private characters). GMs should really be professional employees that remain neutral.

I've seen on too many occasions in other MMOs, GMs playing with private characters in guilds and make friends, and then since GMs are also "only people" they start giving out information to their in game friends, and even intervene with their GM characters to help them out, on rare occasions even break all codes of conduct and give things etc.

Sadly I have seen it, and it all comes out of GMs playing in guilds with people and making friends with them.

So please, make GMs a professional employees, that do not involve with players on personal level.
  • Options
    Glad to hear AoC will have GM's but like Cylver said the role to which they will play, and the ratio of them is TBD I think.