Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Character Creation

Greetings!

I have been a bit "out of the loop" with everything in ashes of creation recently so I've been trying to get up to date. A while ago in a stream, the team was asked about character creation and the developers said they may release a standalone program before game release that had the character creation system in it. I was wondering if there has been any news on this?

Comments

• Options
    No news.
  • Options
    This may well happen and I honestly hope it does, would be nice to play around with, though I would imagine the game may be into beta before we do.
  • Options
    Love the character development you showed in one of your live interviews. Will we see more character models ( non Human ) in the next E show ?? April 2018 ??
  • Options
    Unfortunately there hasn't been any news on this. But, I am very excited for the day we can get our hands on said download. The character creator has 3 tiers of additional character creation options. Knowing this and IS saying their character creator will be on par with BDO makes my bones ready.
  • Options
    If this were released, I wouldn't expect it to be out more than a month before the release of the game - probably only a few weeks before.

Totally wild guess, but I would expect this utility to be released around mid November 2019.
  • Options
    There is nothing so far and I would not expect anything about it for quite a while, CC is probably a bit lower on their priority list right now.
  • Options
    All in due time we shall see my friend :mrgreen:

• Options
    Here is a discussion about character creation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_u_kGz7ur0

• Options
    Alas, we wait..
  • Options
    There is always a chance they will push character creation out earlyer, and then push new versions as they tweak it.

Character Creation 1.0, Character Creation 1.1, etc. Which could also make sense, to push it out so people can test it, equals more feedback related to it. Would also give people something to have fun with while time goes by till release of an actual game.
  • Options
    i would rather them focus on the actual game.  Can play with character creator during beta  
  • Options
    KingOelc said:
    i would rather them focus on the actual game.  Can play with character creator during beta  
    I think they said that they will release the character creator for us to play with very close to release.
  • Options
    They said character creation will be advanced as is in black desert but 
    there are no details in addition to this video. We can only keep our hope they will release it before official start. 
  • Options
    Even if we cant get a standalone CC program release it might be nice to be able to keep your character from alpha/beta when the final release comes. And yes I know servers are always wiped, Im not talking your level/skills/etc I just mean the cosmetic look of the character would be nice to be able to save. 
  • Options
    This would be amazing didn't black desert do this?
  • Options
    Aion and few other titles had similar things as well.
  • Options
    Yeah they did
  • Options
    Can confirm :trollface:
  • Options
    I just saw the UE4 showcase. Here are some highlights.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh9msqaoJZw

• Options
    I just saw the UE4 showcase. Here are some highlights.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh9msqaoJZw

Thanks, good catch.
  • Options
    Xombie said:
    Can confirm :trollface:
    Troll ROFL however I do believe they will do this.
  • Options
    I will likely spend a stupid amount of hours customizing numerous character models if they do a pre-release Character Creator.
  • Options
    See the problem with character customization today is you buy a mmo and I like to race to max level so like you spend hour or two customizing and your losing progress
  • Options
    If it's a pre-release of the character creator, it will allow you to just save character templates you've created prior to release so when it launches you just use the models you've already created, no progress lost at launch.
  • Options
    Rainer said:
    They said character creation will be advanced as is in black desert but 
    there are no details in addition to this video. We can only keep our hope they will release it before official start. 
    The last video is a showcase of what can be done with the UE4. It would be nice to know if Intrepid Studio will make something close to this. If they do it will blow the BDO character creator out of the water.
  • Options
    Very true they need to have a showcase
  • Options
    A character creation tool (with name reservation) would be a fantastic addition to one of the store packs. It would be enough to make me buy one.
  • Options
    We defiantly need name reservation 
  • Options
    Name reservations are a confirmed thing.

Guild name reservations were KS only i think. As you received different things during that time. It is unknown to me if Name reservation included guild name. but i don't assume so.

• Options
    All in due time