Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Character Creation

2»

Comments

• Options
    NightshadeRaven they can do it, This can for sure blow BDO character creator. But tell me, if they will do something colse to this video, this normal user can play without chance of blow up his computer ? Can we play masive pvp with this advanced character without fear of losing FPS or crashing game ? No, for sure they can make character creator what will be greater than BDO, I believe they can do it. But they have to make character creator what's is not too advanced for normal user what want to play.

For years people creating realistic game models, but game developers can't use it because not every PC can lauch it. (look cyris, great graphic, and even today some cheap pc have problem to lauch it, after 8 years.
  • Options
    Rainer said:
    NightshadeRaven they can do it, This can for sure blow BDO character creator. But tell me, if they will do something colse to this video, this normal user can play without chance of blow up his computer ? Can we play masive pvp with this advanced character without fear of losing FPS or crashing game ? No, for sure they can make character creator what will be greater than BDO, I believe they can do it. But they have to make character creator what's is not too advanced for normal user what want to play.

For years people creating realistic game models, but game developers can't use it because not every PC can lauch it. (look cyris, great graphic, and even today some cheap pc have problem to lauch it, after 8 years.
    Yeah they can, but it takes more space.
    LOD vs draw distance.
    No point having any more detail than you can actually differentiate.
    All it does is sap performance.
    They can use sparse files to cut down on the space if they are cute.
  • Options
    NoeSparks said:
    Name reservations are a confirmed thing.

Guild name reservations were KS only i think. As you received different things during that time. It is unknown to me if Name reservation included guild name. but i don't assume so.

Good to hear they are a thing!
  • Options

Guild name reservation HYPE

• Options
    Thats also a thing :open_mouth:
  • Options
    An important thing, although it's very off topic.
  • Options
    Not topic! its all big topics ROFL :trollface:x10
  • Options
    Will there be stat points and such in character creation (like EQ I for example) or will character creation purely be cosmetic?  
  • Options
    We do not have this sort of information yet.
  • Options
    Elderborn said:
    Will there be stat points and such in character creation (like EQ I for example) or will character creation purely be cosmetic?  
    Too early to definitely say, but it seems that the base stats will already be allocated and will differ by race, that's according to information from streams.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    Elderborn said:
    If they give us the CC prior to release so we can make templates. Then the stats will either be after the CC or before not during. It would be a nice feature to allow us to import the template on release. This will save people 20 -30 mins of time.
  • Options
    Elderborn said:
    If they will give us the CC prior to release so we can make templates. Then the stats will either be after the CC or before not during. It would be a nice feature to allow us to import the template on release. This will save people 20 -30 mins of time.
    Hours if it offers truly enhanced levels of detail. Again, I doubt stat points will be an option, they've already stayed we will have "racial metas".
  • Options
    Yeah I for one spend maybe 5-10 minutes  while I know my brother in black desert took him 3 hours to make one character ROFL
  • Options
    NoeSparks said:
    Name reservations are a confirmed thing.

Guild name reservations were KS only i think. As you received different things during that time. It is unknown to me if Name reservation included guild name. but i don't assume so.

but it is a tier system so its goes ks then summer ks then monthly pre orders so kickstarter still have the advantage
  • Options
    we could also see guild name reservations as a thing since it would be using  the same system and a way to get more money
  • Options
     trollfaceYeah 
  • Options
    Anything is possible, unlikely but possible. To offer previous exclusives would likely be frowned upon.
  • Options
    Yeah cus their exclusives
  • Options
    Thank you for explaining, I'm sure it would have gone over everyone else's head 
  • Options
    Xombie said:
    But you must agree that some are thicker then others.
  • Options
    Xombie said:
    But you must agree that some are thicker then others.
    Without a doubt haha