Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Monster coin system

So how do you guys feel about the monster coin system?  I think it’s a pretty cool idea as long it is very limited.  It would be very boring it monster coins were available to everyone and very easily optained. I feel like they should be a very rare drop from a end game raid boss, and it should be on a pretty long cool down.  I like the fact that you can become a monster to ark one of your opposing factions. What are your thoughts on this feature?

Comments

• Options
    There will be different mechanics to acquire them beyond just raiding. Players will have no control over who they are attacking. There will be system events that announce monster coin events and you will choose whether to participate if you have the relevant coin level available. You will NOT be picking and choosing which nodes to attack. You might even end up attacking your own node.
  • Options
    I will roll monster coins daily just to farm @UnknownSystemError every chance I get =P
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError why would I want to attack my own node? After working hard to get it lvled up and trying to make it mean something to me and my guild, there would be a possibility that I might have to attack it?  I do not like that idea at all, im ok with it being random and not being able to choose, but I don’t believe that we should be able to ark our own.  Just my opinion tho.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    The point was that you will have no control over where the event is spawning. Most likely there will be a pop up or menu system to join the event. Then you will be teleported to the event, take part until your monster form is dispatched, and depending on how they decide to implement it, then right back to your previous location as your regular uncorrupted self. So say you click your coin, and the event just happens to be your home node. You can roleplay that you have fought the corruption that has taken hold of your spirit and throw yourself on the city guards to be dispatched. There is nothing that says you have to attack, but where is the fun in that. The reward for monster coins is unique cosmetics and collectibles, so if you need 5 player kills to qualify for rewards,(just an example) you can bet people are going to try and kill as many people as they can regardless. There are no factions in game beyond the ones you make for yourself, and in monster form the restrictions on friends list, guild, and alliance will be suspended you can bet.

@Belewyn  Moderator mod
    I will roll monster coins daily just to farm @UnknownSystemError every chance I get =P

This is what I imagine such a farm would look like.
    Image result for farming gif
  • Options
    The monster coin system is not something that excites me personally and will not go out of my way to participate in it as a monster but would help to kill the offenders :). That said I am still happy to see it implemented into the game as I know others will get a real kick out of it, and more things in game people enjoy makes for a stronger community. 
  • Options
    Well I like the idea mabye later on players could play world bosses.  I really respect that they are trying something new.   Stuff like monster coin system proves this game is far from a clone.  

Thing is it is part of the game not a gimmick they are trying to use to sell the game.
  • Options
    Yea I prob won’t take part in the battles since I enjoy building up my City and being a part of the economy. I’m mosly gonna be a crafter as my main objective and PVE as my latter. But I’m still think it’s something new and it will be pretty cool know that the boss monsters won’t have an AI controlling them so you won’t be able to get used to pathing or skill prediction.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    We know that there are different tiers of monster coins. The big one in the youtube video was considered elite I believe, and the corrupted bunnies in the other were lowest tier. KS had account bound coins given at different tiers depending on pledge level. Who knows...maybe there is a legendary monster coin out there to be earned that will allow control of an open world server boss.
  • Options
    This is one of the things I am most looking forward to. Not to troll, but to provide an epic experience that people could talk about for a long time afterwards. Having the ability to be one of these raid bosses and see how it would go with a real person controlling, attacking healers first, is going to be super interesting.