Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Character creator and selection suggestion

A while ago I saw somebody doing mock-ups for the currently lame looking PUBG party lobby. Yesterday, reading through @BeardedFetus topic about the Node Development Aesthetics, I came up with an idea that might come in handy when you want to create your character. Thanks to @UnknownSystemError for reminding me of the race influence! ;)

First of all, this is the mock-up I'm talking about:

Image credits go to shyne23 on reddit, and his reddit post.

As you can see, the charater is high above a city. Something similiar from the Art of War trailer:

Character Creation

I think it would be pretty neat if we don't have the ordinary "chroma keying" (a.k.a. green screen) background, but rather have a metropolis node in the background (as in the images above), which is influenced by the current race selected. This way, new players will actually see that their race selection will have an impact on the world, not just their attributes.

Character Selection

For the character selection, it would be cool to have something similiar. But rather than a pure metropolis node, the background might show a snapshow of the node that you are currently a citizen of.

Comments

• Options
    I think that would be a nice touch, that way you will gain an insight into the racial style, another idea could be to have an option to have a set of gear in the racial style that can be toggled on and off. Thus you would get a feel for what the gear would also look like, as each race also has a distinct crafting style, would be nice if there were a heavy/medium/light sets.

I like the idea of the character selection showing the current stage of your home node too, that way you would know instantly if your node levelled while you were logged out.