[Podcast] From The Ashes | Episode 27: Variety Pack


From The Ashes | Episode 27: Variety Pack  - The Ashes of Creation podcast produced by The Dungeon Crawler Network! Join Aggelos and Thais, the Founders of The Dungeon Crawler Network, as they bear witness the rebirth of the MMORPG genre from the ashes of an industry that has left gamers behind!

This week, Aggelos is joined by Thais for another Pillars of Creation segment where the pair sit down to discuss the new Alpha Zero footage that was released by Intrepid Studios this week as well as their Extra Life charity stream and the latest blog post! Finally, the duo go over the many questions that you, the listener, have emailed into us over the past few weeks asking what our thoughts are on a variety of topics!

If you would like to join The Dungeon Crawler Network Guild in Ashes of Creation, follow the link below:

The Dungeon Crawler Network Guild - Application

Show Notes:

Podcast Information:

If you wish to support From The Ashes and The Dungeon Crawler Network, consider clicking the donate link on the bottom of our website or by supporting us over at our Patreon Page, Patreon.com/DungeonCrawlerNetwork or by using our Ashes of Creation Referral Link below! You can also support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel, leaving us a review on iTunes and Google Play, or by telling a friend about us!

Comments

  • Monday morning hype
  • Monday morning hype
    We hope you enjoy!
  • great Podcast Aggelos, keep up the great work mate.
  • gundel said:
    great Podcast Aggelos, keep up the great work mate.
    Thanks buddy! We have a few great shows lined up in the next few weeks!
  • Yes caught the show last night a few minutes after it went up :) and you are right your show along with others very much helps to keep the hype going, and we the community talking and speculating on what is to come.
    Great work.

  • Varkun said:
    Yes caught the show last night a few minutes after it went up :) and you are right your show along with others very much helps to keep the hype going, and we the community talking and speculating on what is to come.
    Great work.

    Thank you mate! I know we do the show because we love talking about the games we are passionate about! It is also amazing when the community contributes and brings more to the discussions that we have!
  • I have to agree with Thais on wanting something a little different from the videos we are being shown. World is lovely, but I wouldn't mind seeing some people or creatures in the world. I do understand that the animations might not look right, which garners criticism from the great unwashed, but still, I'd like to see something a little different.

    I do have to disagree totally with your points on what happens when a node gets delevelled. I think that maybe early on, when it is only level three or below, if someone ever bothers to siege such a low node, that people would just go elswhere.

    But once a node is level 5 or a Metropolis, it is delevelled I think  people will immediately begin to work hard on building it back up. There will have been so much investment in the node, player housing, shops, etc, that people will be really reticent to just up stakes and migrate.

    There will also, I believe, be quite a sense of hometown pride. I really see people being even more obstinate and having more incentive to stay put and build their node back up.

    We know that a node can't be sieged for a specific time after being delevelled. But how soon after a node is delevelled can another node level up to take that place? Who's to say that the citizens of the delevelled node don't become incredibly industrious and build their own node back up again quicker than the opposition can build their node up to take that open Metropolis slot.

    Or is there something preventing a delevelled node from levelling back up as quickly? We don't know a lot of the specifics, but I really feel like mass migrations after a node delevels will simply not be a thing.
  • Thank you for both the new intel, and entertainment! You really make work on Tuesday easier <3
  • Bajjer said:

    But once a node is level 5 or a Metropolis, it is delevelled I think  people will immediately begin to work hard on building it back up. There will have been so much investment in the node, player housing, shops, etc, that people will be really reticent to just up stakes and migrate.

    There will also, I believe, be quite a sense of hometown pride. I really see people being even more obstinate and having more incentive to stay put and build their node back up.

    I also agree.  Once a Node gets to lvl 4, 5 or 6 and people have many freeholds as well as town housing and solid trade routes established with in the city....people will rebuild.

    However if citizen of 1 node dislike their mayor and another city offers money, better trade and less taxes.  Ctizens may leave a node and make it weak and more susceptible to be sieged and de-leveled.
  • @Berros Yep, exactly why it will be important for the leader of a node to be benevolent. You get a goober running a node, people will up stakes.  

    I find that way more likely than having the node delevelled by a siege. Even in the real world people tend to stick around and rebuild,  or refuse to leave no matter what. 

    In general humans make bonds with places and tend to be rather territorial. 
  • Just wanted to book a seat on the hype train @Aggelos! Been trying to catch up with one to go but great stuff as always. Look forward to seeing what's next. :) 
  • Kratz said:
    Just wanted to book a seat on the hype train @Aggelos! Been trying to catch up with one to go but great stuff as always. Look forward to seeing what's next. :) 
    All aboard!
  • If someone attacks my Metropolis and delevels my mansion to a piddly townhouse then you better believe I am doubling down and fighting like hell to build it back up again. I am going nowhere.
  • Lazerou said:
    If someone attacks my Metropolis and delevels my mansion to a piddly townhouse then you better believe I am doubling down and fighting like hell to build it back up again. I am going nowhere.
    You will be like that old man from the Pixar movie, UP!

    "I A'INT MOVING!"
Sign In or Register to comment.