Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Names in AoC

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sw684 said:
    Can we have (@¥+"#☆■♤) in names so say if someone take name Kane you can use K@ne or to look cool like *Bob*/ ☆Ben☆ ?

I dont hope so because i hate this Special singns in Names like they destroy a bit of the game you wouldnt Name yourself in real T@L0N or something like that too you would just write Talon so it should be ingame too or when ill see you with such an Name ill pronounce the singn in your Name xD T"ät"(@)l"zero"(0)n .... ok Now i like the idea xD
    I really hope they are relatively strict with the names and seriously limit all the special characters.

Another KS game Chronicles of Elyria is handling it well, I think their restrictions are pretty much perfect and allow plenty of choices without allowing players to 'copy' names but with accents above the characters.

It allows the  Extended Latin character set (a-z plus: À, Á, Â, Ã, Ä, Å, Æ, Ç, È, É, Ê, Ë,Í, Î, Ï, Ð, Ñ, Ò, Ó, Ô, Õ, Ö, Ø, Ù, Ú, Û, Ü, Ý, Þ, ß, à, á, â, ã, ä, å, æ, ç, è, é, ê, ë, ì, í, î, ï, ð, ñ, ò, ó, ô, õ, ö, ø, ù, ú, û, ü, ý, þ, ÿ, þ, µ) but it treats extended look-alike characters as the same character.

So in this case A, a, À, Á, Â, Ã, Ä, Å, à, á, â, ã, ä and å are all treated as the same character, same with O, o, Ò, Ó, Ô, Õ, Ö, Ø, ò, ó, ô, õ, and ø which means if I was to make a character named Rosco then nobody else would be able to create Rösço, Røscø or Rosćo since it would be treated identically to Rosco.