Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I am worried about a few potential let downs No.1 Combat

2»

Comments

• Options
    Not arguing the point over tab targetting vs reticule targetting. Each has its context.
    Reticule enables fast targetting when players are spread through lack of cycling but picking out a target in a condensed area is impossible.
    Tab targetting enables accuracy when players are condensed but requires cycling.
    My main problem is skill automation or macroing.
    Nothing wrong with chaining if its manually done.
    And RNG timing for chaining makes automated scripts impossible to be effective.
    So bots and automated multiboxing combat for Xv1 are impossible.

The end of the first quoted paragraph makes me think you just didn't read what I wrote, because I mentioned having individual CDs on all skill so not just the most powerful are used. I also mentioned another mechanic to avoid limited skill rotation when I talked about skill chains.

I will highlight the problem above though. That kind of thinking just creates broken OP classes and Meta builds. Skills should be situational and invoke penalties for misuse or just come with debuffs in some areas to balance any buffs in other areas. As soon as you start with 'most powerful'.....you know damn well what will be on every ones tool bar. It ceases to become a choice and becomes a requirement.

Agree that the cool down should fit the skill though. All skills should be DPS regulated. Damage magnitude vs resource cost, frequency vs regen rate and cool down is how you do that.
    Play around with burst damage, sustained channel, bomb damage, chained hits all you want, as long as the DPS remains appropriate for the build type then no one cares. Many modern games enabled animation cancelling that broke the cool downs and simply enabled DPS to run amok. So whichever classes skills could be most exploited by animation cancelling or similar unregulated design flaws became the Meta.

• Options
    Is it overpowered if i want something like a mage or archer to be able to do near one shots if left alone too long. Im suggesting an ability that requires you to charge up for like 10 seconds and the channeling is very obvious. So if someone sees a mage or archer channeling and is fool enough not to stop them for 10 seconds straight they should pay for it. Granted these abilities can't be aoe or itd be too strong. And by stopping the channeling simply breaking focus with an attack should be enough. Itd suck if you saw someone channeling and was like "oh fuck my cc abilities are on cooldown".
  • Options
    Is it overpowered if i want something like a mage or archer to be able to do near one shots if left alone too long. Im suggesting an ability that requires you to charge up for like 10 seconds and the channeling is very obvious. So if someone sees a mage or archer channeling and is fool enough not to stop them for 10 seconds straight they should pay for it. Granted these abilities can't be aoe or itd be too strong. And by stopping the channeling simply breaking focus with an attack should be enough. Itd suck if you saw someone channeling and was like "oh fuck my cc abilities are on cooldown".
    I dont mind high burst damage...as long as your regen is crippled and it will take ages to recharge. It only becomes game breaking when the opponent cant respond after being hit, or is one shot, or there is no trade off between regen rates and peak energy level.

The other issue was ranged classes simply kite melee who cant respond. Ashes has discussed all players having ranged and melee ability at the same time. So melee players are not auto-gimped.