Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Gearing System - Hard Work vs. Tedious Busywork

2»

Comments

• Options
    Zastro said:
    As long as I don't also have to spend countless hours waiting in one spot for a certain mob or world boss to spawn as well. My countless hours should be spent playing the game in order to get gear and not standing around doing nothing for the chance that I might be the one to tag the mob when it spawns and possibly get gear if my RNG is good.
    That was the FF11 endgame, sounds amazingly fun...
    I know right. I am bursting with excitment
  • Options
    They have said from the beginning a few times that soulbound gear and items, if it even makes an appearance, would be extremely limited in scope. They fully intend for you to be able to use gear, then sell it or pass it along to a friend or alt.
    This was one of my favorite things about FFXI @UnknownSystemError.  Most of everything was able to be bought or crafted, then when someone outleveled it or got something better they could trade it or put it on the AH.  They had a few instances where you would see some items that could neither be sold nor traded, but it was only on super high tier items.
  • Options
    Pooka said:
    They have said from the beginning a few times that soulbound gear and items, if it even makes an appearance, would be extremely limited in scope. They fully intend for you to be able to use gear, then sell it or pass it along to a friend or alt.
    This was one of my favorite things about FFXI @UnknownSystemError.  Most of everything was able to be bought or crafted, then when someone outleveled it or got something better they could trade it or put it on the AH.  They had a few instances where you would see some items that could neither be sold nor traded, but it was only on super high tier items.
    I did play FF11 for a bit. That was a pretty good system. Hope some form of it makes it in.