Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Screenshot Quality of Life Stuff

While I'm not expecting anything super great right at launch, it'd be nice if they had an in-depth system for getting nice screenshots like in FFXIV and/or BDO,  like turning off UI (which is in most games nowadays anyway), group posing, a wide variety of emotes, extensive camera control, filters, and fun stuff like that,  y'know for instagram the memories :3c

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, that would be really cool. It also makes it easier for normal players to make the game look good while introducing it to their friends.
  • Options
    I do hope there is a means to hide the UI, sometimes the view is just worth taking a pic of. Plus I like to have nice selection of screen shots on slideshow on the pc. 
  • Options
    This made me lol in happy shadenfreude memories. With the exception of filters and group poses they have mentioned everything on the OPs wish list. I don't know how they would make group posing as an in-game mechanic beyond the camera control distance being able to be scrolled out. The part I always found hilarious was world chat (zone in this case) when a game includes a keybind option to remove the UI for pictures. At least once an hour in the beginning, and once a day for perpetuity thereafter you have someone in chat typing "My game is broken, my UI won't display!!", or "My UI disappeared, how do I get it back?". And the CS portion of the forums and tickets filled with "Ur game is broken, I can't find my UI, I wan't a refund!" rage tickets. Ahhhh, the joy we will have.

I'll leave you the joy of going through the over 30 hours of interviews and livestreams yourself if you want to datamine for any other information. They really do get better 3rd time around.
  • Options
    The last game I played you could turn off the UI but you had to assign a key first to make it function, thus no accidental UI disappearance. You assigned the key so you knew how to turn it on and off.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    In FFXIV group posing works in that the players would party up and type the emote they wanted to do for the picture in chat, then the group leader would type /gpose which would then have everyone in the group do whatever pose they had typed in chat in sync until they tried moving. It makes for nice pics :D Even if you just wanted to take a pic of just your character it made it much easier~
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/337597-gpose-guide
  • Options
    Well in two years time who knows what features Intrepid will bring. AC Origins' photo mode was quite fun tbh.
  • Options
    O, o!  In GW2 they had a command that made everyone sync while dancing.  It made some nice screenies and videos and just fun in game activity. Ahh fond memories. <3
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    A certain point when you play non stop you start getting XP penalties. 

MMORPGs are addicting, I think this is a good way for people to be able to play but also enjoy life without the fear of the whole world zooming past them.

When you start getting XP penalties for being on too long you can stay on but you start getting less xp and the penalty will increase the longer you stay on past this point with maybe a cut off.

I think this would be a responsible thing for the developers to do.

When you reach this point you would have to log off for an x amount of time to remove the xp penalty.

To me I think this would be the most important quality of life feature they could add foremost.

They could also have XP bonus stack up the longer you are logged off. The longer you are logged off the more bonus you get.

This comes in handy for people that have really long hours, they are able to at least attempt to catch up to their friends. I think this method works much better than purchasing XP bonus items or having XP weekends cause some people may work on weekends. This way people can receive the xp bonus according to their specific times they are playing and not playing.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Dorje said:
    A certain point when you play non stop you start getting XP penalties. 

MMORPGs are addicting, I think this is a good way for people to be able to play but also enjoy life without the fear of the whole world zooming past them.

When you start getting XP penalties for being on too long you can stay on but you start getting less xp and the penalty will increase the longer you stay on past this point with maybe a cut off.

I think this would be a responsible thing for the developers to do.

When you reach this point you would have to log off for an x amount of time to remove the xp penalty.

To me I think this would be the most important quality of life feature they could add foremost.

They could also have XP bonus stack up the longer you are logged off. The longer you are logged off the more bonus you get.

This comes in handy for people that have really long hours, they are able to at least attempt to catch up to their friends. I think this method works much better than purchasing XP bonus items or having XP weekends cause some people may work on weekends. This way people can receive the xp bonus according to their specific times they are playing and not playing.

It's shouldn't be up to the company to dictate when people should stop playing. They could implement pop-up warnings after a prolonged playtime but there would have to be an option to disable them. 

It would also be a bad business practices, it doesn't make sense to use a subscription model but then punish people for getting the most out of their money.
  • Options
    Elder said:
    It's shouldn't up to the company to dictate when people should stop playing. They could implement pop-up warnings after a prolonged playtime but there would have to be an option to disable them. 

It would also be a bad business practices, it doesn't make sense to use a subscription model but then punish people for getting the most out of their money.
    Sure I could see how some people would be upset over that. Then maybe a rested XP bonus would be a good alternative. Instead of as you put it punish people for playing to long. Give a bonus for resting a certain amount of time.
  • Options
    They have already stated that logging out in a tavern or similar area will give a rested exp boost.
  • Options
    They have already stated that logging out in a tavern or similar area will give a rested exp boost.
    TY Great to hear they have some thing like that already planned.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Well in two years time who knows what features Intrepid will bring. AC Origins' photo mode was quite fun tbh.
  • Options
    Uhh. 2 years time? 
  • Options
    Yes Locos, two years is the estimated live launch release date. Many systems will change and be updated over the course of the planned alpha and betas.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @Locos   2 years sounds about right for final release for the amount of things they want to pack in, well worth the wait for it to be launch in good functioning order. I'd rather wait than have it be released too early and flop.

• Options
    *cries*
  • Options
    @Kratz your signature is so cool!