Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Possible Guild Promotion Project? :/ ( NO DRAMA INCLUDED )

Greetings my dear friends,

so I have been thinking about doing a third community project for a while now, right now I do the community plug and the community podcast.

The Idea came to me a while back when I did the Guild Fair for the EU side of the Ashes Community, I thought doing that sort of interviews more often would be something people would like to watch. And that's where I started to run into issues, let me explain:

During all three of the guild fairs, we had guilds claiming they will be Nr. 1 and so on, due to the nature of the guild fair I couldn't ask the hard question like "Prove it" or "Why do you think you will be Nr.1".

It is ok if you want to promote your guild, but for me personally, i find it boring and irritating if guilds claim things like this. I never met one guild that could hold up to claims like that.  The Problem that I have is, If I would do such Interviews with hard questions and requesting prove to any claims that are made, I can easily see that ending in drama.

So what do you guys think? Would you like to watch guild interviews with hard questions? Like once a month? Opinions ? Thoughts? Trolls? Cookies?

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    I think most people would find fact checked statements released by guilds who wanted to promote themselves useful.
  • I think it's fine to ask more difficult questions in such situations. That way you get people to think about what they actually want to achieve instead of just claiming "I want to be number one" but then leaving it at that, with no reasoning or explanation why they would be suitable. It's like job interviews where you have to tell the interviewer why you are the best person for this job. And the reasoning has to be sound.
  • I feel it would be nice if you stayed in your own region  when it comes to guild related things.
  • You'll either have to ask those hard questions and get braggers to "sit their ace down" or clarify in advance that such sort of promotion will not be tolerated.

A guild can be No.1 in one game, but fail miserably in another, so stating "We did this and that in XY game" is no argument to guarantee success in AoC.

Same goes to people claiming "I will be top PvPer in AoC because I ranked top10 in XY dead game".
  • I think it's fine to ask more difficult questions in such situations. That way you get people to think about what they actually want to achieve instead of just claiming "I want to be number one" but then leaving it at that, with no reasoning or explanation why they would be suitable. It's like job interviews where you have to tell the interviewer why you are the best person for this job. And the reasoning has to be sound.
    So for example:

I ask : What are you goals?
    GuildX: We will be number one!!
    Me: Why do you think that ?
    GuildX: Because we are the best?
    Me: What are you basing this on?
    GuildX: It just the truth?

At that point i would like to call them out and say yeah Unicorns are real as well?!
  • BCGiant said:
    I think it's fine to ask more difficult questions in such situations. That way you get people to think about what they actually want to achieve instead of just claiming "I want to be number one" but then leaving it at that, with no reasoning or explanation why they would be suitable. It's like job interviews where you have to tell the interviewer why you are the best person for this job. And the reasoning has to be sound.
    So for example:

At that point i would like to call them out and say yeah Unicorns are real as well?!
    If that is the case, the guild is clearly trolling your stream, at which point the interview should be simply ended.

Take live TV interviews as a guideline. Reporters often get trolled while reporting directly on site, they just shrug it off and continue as nothing happened and go to the next subject.
  • Who made you an authority on guilds? The guild fair for AoC accomplished what it was made for - people were able to state what they wanted and aspired for their guilds - this seems like a witch hunt.
  • Maybe just for EU people please. :)
  • Tirithel said:
    Who made you an authority on guilds? The guild fair for AoC accomplished what it was made for - people were able to state what they wanted and aspired for their guilds - this seems like a witch hunt.
    Where do i claim to be one?
  • BCGiant said:
    Tirithel said:
    Who made you an authority on guilds? The guild fair for AoC accomplished what it was made for - people were able to state what they wanted and aspired for their guilds - this seems like a witch hunt.
    Where do i claim to be one?

Right here:

BCGiant said:
    Greetings my dear friends,

so I have been thinking about doing a third community project for a while now, right now I do the community plug and the community podcast.

The Idea came to me a while back when I did the Guild Fair for the EU side of the Ashes Community, I thought doing that sort of interviews more often would be something people would like to watch. And that's where I started to run into issues, let me explain:

During all three of the guild fairs, we had guilds claiming they will be Nr. 1 and so on, due to the nature of the guild fair I couldn't ask the hard question like "Prove it" or "Why do you think you will be Nr.1".

It is ok if you want to promote your guild, but for me personally, i find it boring and irritating if guilds claim things like this. I never met one guild that could hold up to claims like that.  The Problem that I have is, If I would do such Interviews with hard questions and requesting prove to any claims that are made, I can easily see that ending in drama.

So what do you guys think? Would you like to watch guild interviews with hard questions? Like once a month? Opinions ? Thoughts? Trolls? Cookies?

• Let me say this, i am not claiming to be anything i am thinking about doing a monthly 1 guild interview with guilds thats it. If your guild doesnt want to do it dont do it, its just an idea atm. :)
  • BCGiant said:
    I think it's fine to ask more difficult questions in such situations. That way you get people to think about what they actually want to achieve instead of just claiming "I want to be number one" but then leaving it at that, with no reasoning or explanation why they would be suitable. It's like job interviews where you have to tell the interviewer why you are the best person for this job. And the reasoning has to be sound.
    So for example:

Maybe in a nicer phrasing but yeah, I agree. It's really sad to see people falling for that all the time. It's often just a cult mentality running the guild in that example you mentioned.
  • As per your long forum post about wanting to find the perfect guild, you should stick to your region, since this appears to just be a way to defame guilds.
  • Stop drinking, try reading.  He wants to do a monthly guild plug, to promote your guilds, he just doesn't want the usual e-peen waving without anything to back up ur claims.

• more drama? all for it. do it.
  • To put it real simple its investigative journalism for guilds, in no way is it aimed to defame any guild or anything, just simple to cut through all of the BS that a lot of guilds already claiming. I am in no position to force anyone to do something like this or even be on the interview if i decide to do it. 

But already it seems to be some people have an issue with this sort of project.

• Some people will always have issues but it doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. I do agree you should probably stick to your own region though, don't want to create another guild summit :') 
  • What's with the region deal?
  • Hey Big, just go on vacation to OCE region and start the project there
  • I for one am okay with having an excuse to consume more popcorn and salt.
  • Popcorn is really good i go to the cinemas just for the popcorn but the movie is just an extra
    edited November 2017
    Jesus the amount of crying in this thread could fill a bathtub. Who cares if he wants to do guild interviews? He clearly stated he wanted to interview leaders so he could get better responses than "we're going to run the server".

Serious questions that might highlight how competent of a leader, too much "tuff" of a questions? Suck less™ Jesus its a video, don't like it? Don't watch, but don't come into someone's thread shitting on good community ideas because QQ this guild might get more exposure than me.
    edited November 2017
    Drax979 said:
    Jesus the amount of crying in this thread could fill a bathtub. Who cares if he wants to do guild interviews? He clearly stated he wanted to interview leaders so he could get better responses than "we're going to run the server".

Serious questions that might highlight how competent of a leader, too much "tuff" of a questions? Suck less™ Jesus its a video, don't like it? Don't watch, but don't come into someone's thread shitting on good community ideas because QQ this guild might get more exposure than me.
    Personally I think it's a good idea but I'm not assuming anyone who voices their disagreement is "crying".  ;)

Everyone gets their own opinion. 
  • If someone could explain the region comments i would appreciate it. Because if i follow your logic it would mean that i shouldnt also have people from other regions on the other two community projects, correct?

• Elder said:
    Drax979 said:

Personally I think it's a good idea but I'm not assuming anyone who voices their disagreement is "crying".  ;)

Everyone gets their own opinion. 
    Oh It wasn't towards you, I'm specifically targeting someone in this thread I highly dislike. :smile:<3 you Elder 
  • Drax979 said:
    Who cares if he wants to do guild interviews? 
    He asked everyone's opinion by even starting this thread, people are free to voice if they agree or disagree with him.
  • Tirithel said:
    Drax979 said:
    He asked everyone's opinion by even starting this thread, people are free to voice if they agree or disagree with him.
    They are, but that's not what you did, what you did was imply he was on a witch hunt which there is zero evidence of and started a witch hunt yourself, haters gonna hate but dont derail a thread with bs
  • BCGiant said:
    If someone could explain the region comments i would appreciate it. Because if i follow your logic it would mean that i shouldnt also have people from other regions on the other two community projects, correct?

Well no, the way I see it we're all apart of the same community but when it comes to guilds and regions we're apart of smaller micro-communities. If someone is looking for a guild on the forums they first start looking through their specific regions recruitment threads. It would be more convenient for your viewers. 

I don't see any moral issue with it but if you're planning on doing one guild a month you'll have to pick and choose which guild gets the spot. It might create some drama if you were to neglect one region more than the others. Even if you were to spotlight all the regions equally you'll be left with one guild from each region months into the project, it doesn't leave much choice for your viewer's consideration. 

• As for the rest of the "get off my lawn region" crew, how about you talk for yourselves, you are not the gods of your region.  If You don't wish to participate that is your prerogative but You do not speak for everyone else.
    edited November 2017
    Tirithel said:
    Drax979 said:
    Sure but there's a difference between "I don't think this is a good reason because of ____ reason" and laying out a decent counter argument. I mean that's how it works right?

Tirithel said:

Pot kettle much? You literally started your response ready to blast him instead of adding constructive criticism and the whole point of his thread, and this community project was to get better info and ask tougher questions besides the stale content at the guild summit, he legit asked because he wanted better Q&A besides "What are your goals?" "To run the server and be the top guild"

So again all I'm seeing is WAAAAAAAA