Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Class titles revealed!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Seriously excited about these, I hope all classes will give us a unique feeling, though there are 64 so of course there will be similarities.
  • Options
    I love playing Red Mage in FFXIV, looking forward to finding a similar playstyle in AoC mixing up magic with some swordplay.
  • Options
    I am also looking forward to playing different classes.  Liked the idea of archetypes form very beginning. Really sets this game apart from other MMORPS
  • Options
    Cleric with Ranger - wonder how that is going to play...

• Options
    I think it's so cool how your primary is permanent and your secondary change. So it let's you get a taste for anything almost on one or two characters.

Side note I love tanking but reading over some of the dps classes...I'm drooling :p:D
  • Options
    Profit said:
    I think it's so cool how your primary is permanent and your secondary change. So it let's you get a taste for anything almost on one or two characters.

Side note I love tanking but reading over some of the dps classes...I'm drooling :p:D
    Hmmm ? I'm pretty sure that when you choose your 2 archetypes you are stuck with them and can't just indiscriminately change it. It's just that you choose the second one at a later point in time.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    One of the devs said that the secondary archetype could be changed without to much  trouble.
  • Options
    Ah thanks, I think it's a shame though, I rather single class focus, but I guess if your primary is mage then most abilities will be similar.
  • Options
    absolutely cool. I wondered about the Summoner classes and subclasses :) I think every class sounds awesome. I didn't know which class to play before... Now I'm totally overwhelmed and confused xD Enchanter sounds nice. Could be a class that can pet NPC-mobs. Like in DAoC. But I don't know :)
  • Options
    @Diura Thanks for the info.

Sad Monks are not represented, I guess I can just RP one : P 

I hope there will at least be some Asian style weapons to choose from.

There are some cool names for classes in there tho.

I hope Monk somehow finds it's way in there  at some point :)

Would be cool if they left the naming of the class up to the individual based on their choices.

Example:
    • Name: Dorjee
    • Class: Monk (Player's Choice)
    • Class designation: Fighter/Cleric 
    People could still reference what they are by the designation.  So if people wanted to write guides or reference class choices they could still identify it by the class designation. For a game that gives us such flexibility in our class choices it just seems logical that we would be able to name our class choices as well. 

Player being able to name their class adds more flexibility to Role Play .

Just a suggestion and something to consider this way no one feels left out.

• Options
    Dorje said:

Would be cool if they left the naming of the class up to the individual based on their choices.

Example:
    People could still reference what they are by the designation.  So if people wanted to write guides or reference class choices they could still identify it by the class designation. For a game that gives us such flexibility in our class choices it just seems logical that we would be able to name our class choices as well. 

Monks are really something that's missing but the current fighter/cleric being a templar also suits the role, maybe we will get an expansion in the future with new classes :3
  • Options
    Found out about the wiki, I planned to try Summoner with every subjob. Hoping to find just 1 that would be close to what I want to see.
    Then I read the wiki. The next is quoted from there and.... I'm drooling in anticipation.

[9:00] Summoners, Pet classes aren’t really pet classes, they are character with a pet that does some minor damage and acts as a stat stick, How reliant is a summoner on a summon? E.G. WoW Hunter Pets dying is No big deal[2]

1. Summoner classes live and breath through their pet/summon/creature
    2. Summoner class have a lot of abilities that channel through a summon.
    3. Some skills pertain to what a pet has, with regards to what a summoner can do, you’re essentially playing through the summon in some respects.
    4. Summoners can collaborate to summon larger summons,
      1. Penultimate summoner skill
      2. Large groups of summoners can create large siege golems[Possibly]

[22:16] If I was a warrior, second class summoner, could I have a beast with me?[3]

1. No won’t be able to summon a creature.
    2. Beast summoning comes with Summoner primary.

Will summoners get to choose the look of their summons?[4]

1. Summoners will have some customisation over the way their summons appear.
      1. Cosmetic differences will be determined by in game choices.
        1. Class specific changes, augment archetype.
        2. Race specific
  • Options
    It's so beautiful  :o
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Dorje said:

Example:

Monks are really something that's missing but the current fighter/cleric being a templar also suits the role, maybe we will get an expansion in the future with new classes :3
    @AutumnLeaf Yeah 

Druid and Monk should not have been left out, they are pretty iconic classes.

They should make:
    Ranger/Cleric  = Druid 
    Fighter/Cleric = Monk 

What would be awesome if there was an option where you could change the name of your class to fit the theme you are trying to go for.

If the purpose of naming the combination is for reference it would be easier just to reference by Main and Sub

In Class choice discussions it would be much easier to discuss topic of Rogue/Ranger which is a much more descriptive title for reference than Predator.

So giving people the option of naming their class would be nice. They could start with what is given by the chart but have the option to change that name for one of their choosing.

BTW Dungeon Crawler Network just released a Class episode:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwL3OnPm_Iw

They have some really nice episodes on AOC.

• Options
    The beastmaster (Summoner/ranger) sounds druidish to me. Summon e.g. a bear or wolf or something else... Maybe beeing able to buff/heal it? I don't know obiously^^ 

Well I like the concept of a monk too (I prefer playing druids!). We don't know what weapons are availble. If you play a Fighter/Cleric in a leather robe with a fighting staff that would seem very monky to me :) I have the monk from DAoC in mind here. The only class that could use another version of the staff in DAoC, the melee-fighting-staff.

I would like to see many different weapons so you could add some special flavour to your build/character. For example a battlemage with a  melee-fighting-staff?! I don't know. It needs to be balanced of course. 

Just wanted to say, that I'm a huge fan of bardiches, spears, lances, staffs, etc but weapons like these aren't present in most games (not just MMOs).

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Amaze said:
    The beastmaster (Summoner/ranger) sounds druidish to me. Summon e.g. a bear or wolf or something else... Maybe beeing able to buff/heal it? I don't know obiously^^ 

Well I like the concept of a monk too (I prefer playing druids!). We don't know what weapons are availble. If you play a Fighter/Cleric in a leather robe with a fighting staff that would seem very monky to me :) I have the monk from DAoC in mind here. The only class that could use another version of the staff in DAoC, the melee-fighting-staff.

I would like to see many different weapons so you could add some special flavour to your build/character. For example a battlemage with a  melee-fighting-staff?! I don't know. It needs to be balanced of course. 

Just wanted to say, that I'm a huge fan of bardiches, spears, lances, staffs, etc but weapons like these aren't present in most games (not just MMOs).

Last time I saw a lance in a game was thinking Joust, brings back memories :)

Would be interesting to see a lance in a MMO tho working mounts into battles may be a bit challenging.

For druids was recommending Ranger Cleric cause both rangers and druids are tied to nature and Clerics and Druids both are tied to healing.

• Options
    Everyday I keep changing my mind not sure what to be think I'll try every class see what I like 
  • Options
    We will get to see more during alpha and beta phase, I think people should direct themselves by the primary archetype when choosing a class they want to start off with since that will be the core of the class so even a Spellsword will focus on magic more than swords or whatnot, additionaly I think the devs said that we can change the secondary archetype whenever we want (probably at some NPC) so a mage will have access to every mage class :3
  • Options
    With so many options I like that changing whenever you want -stuff xD. Because I really want to try playing an enchanter but I'm also interested in the necromancer. Maybe when the classes+subclasses are revealed (with skills and all) I would change my mind totally and play a tank or mage? :D I like that great pool of opportunities, combining these 64 classes + weapons/armor/skills-choice. :)
  • Options
    Well yeah it would be kind of ridiculous that people would have to make 64 characters to play every class xD
  • Options
    My main will be either a Spellsword or a Battlemage.  I'm not sure which until I know more about how the 2nd class will affect the 1st.

That said I am already planning on playing a ton of alts so I'm going to be trying lots of combinations.  :)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    High Priest for me all of the way, however I'm really eager to see how the classes you wouldn't expect to fit together well actually work e.g. mage and fighter - squishy and not so squishy - @Falmin is going to attempt that combo haha.
  • Options
    Yea I am going to try out the Spellsword and Battlemage classes, the problem is there are so many how could i just stick to those 2? :smirk:
  • Options
    Necromancer all the wayyyyy !
  • Options
    So many to choose!  :#