Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Classes/Class names.

Well for one I'm happy we finally got a full fledged list of classes, and there really isn't much I can add, and this is obviously a hot topic. But I got to say I am so excited to see the names of the classes for the Cleric combinations. So far I'm definitely feeling the sound of the "Shadow Disciple", "Shaman", and "High priest". From the names alone I'm actually not sure which I would pick. Though the same goes for if I went Rogue; "Shadow Lord" and "Cultist" has a nice ring to it. 

Feel free to share your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    Dreadnaught :) I wanna hear people scream. It's gonna be a good day when I see people scared of my dreadnaught 
  • Options
    Some of the names suck but I'm sure there will be changes in the future.
  • Options
    I think that many of the rogue classes are a bit underwhelming and lack creativity, specifically all the ones that start with Shadow. The names that the community came up with would have fit better for some classes. But anyways, I am also glad that the list was released and that Intrepid delivered on their promises.  
  • Options
    Scout? That one was really a swing and a miss.  >:)

• Options
    Was sad there was no shaman...
  • Options
    I feel like some of them were a "what the hell are we gonna call this, we said we would have it out on the 15th" name, because yeah, there's some that could use some work. Personally I'm most excited to see how a mage/rogue ends up playing; really the majority of the mage line. 

@Elder I think my biggest issue with scout comes from playing aion. There the base class was scout and then you specialized into ranger or assassin(rogue). I'm having trouble getting my head passed that. Thematically I can see how it makes sense tho. "A stealthy ranger, who goes ahead of the pack to scout it out". 
  • Options
    Some names is pretty cool, like predator, hunter, duelist. But argent for Bard/Tank or Bowsinger for Bard/Ranger, Mage/ranger = scion ? I stay with @elderthere will be changes in the future.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Duninn said:
    But there is. Cleric/summoner
  • Options
    Just noticed the Fighter/Bard combo is called Bladedancer, Lineage 2 vibes much! <3
    As for names in general, I like them. Most of them seem to make sense in accordance to what the class combinations are.
  • Options
    Please be merciful! How am I going to be able to decide with so many options available?

Awesome list, let the daydreaming commence.
  • Options
    Duninn said:
    But it's right there under Summoner/Cleric.
  • Options
    Damn, Brood Warden sounds amazing, tanking with a few creatures? Though I am excited about Necromancer and Conjurer too. I can't wait for more info on these combinations!
  • Options
    WeCanThis said:
    I think that many of the rogue classes are a bit underwhelming and lack creativity, specifically all the ones that start with Shadow. The names that the community came up with would have fit better for some classes. But anyways, I am also glad that the list was released and that Intrepid delivered on their promises.  
    Yeah I get you on that.
  • Options
    Duninn said:
    Yeah no true Shaman, though I've got faith that the class combo "Shaman" could be cool, It's one I'm definitely considering off the name alone tbh.
  • Options
    In all honestly if I go rogue, I'd only be doing so to go for the Cultist class. Clerics can actually give you some of the pvp experience that healers usually lack, which is why I usually would have an alt character as a rogue just to get to experience combat more, but this time around I'll just likely go for a more damage orientated (I'd assume) and go for the Shaman/Shadow Disciple route.
  • Options
    I love the idea of bard/tank but the name Siren is pretty strange for me. Perhaps once we get a feel of the classes some of the more unusual titles will make more sense.
  • Options
    I'm rearing to go for some of those bard classes tbh
    The class names for the bard make it sound like it's gonna be weird and janky, which is kinda my thing when it comes to MMO classes. Like figuring out how to make the weirdest ones work
  • Options
    The class names that seem odd and could have used a better naming scheme (my opinion): Spellstone, Nightspell, Soul Bow and Tellsword.

The class combination name I find weird is really only one:
    Protector.  Cleric and Ranger form protector?  Sounds like an off tank or support, maybe.  Just seems out of place to me.
  • Options
    Im in love with them cant lie I have no idea what I wanna be :(
  • Options
    For the past couple months I’ve been really loving the idea of mage/rogue. I normally play support classes or DoT based damage dealers, but I figured it would be fun to go straight for a that hard hitting damage role.

Now that I know it’s called shadow caster I’m even more hype for the combo. A mage that uses shadows just sounds dooooope. I’m absolutely in love with that theme. Maybe even get some stealth mechanics out of the deal!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Seems to me that Protector is a form of Druid protecting forests.
    We'll have to see if the augments are in any way associated with the names and concepts of the sub-classes. 

I'm thinking Siren is focused on Lasso augments from the Tank, along with mesmerizing abilities from the Bard.
  • Options
    Yeah that is true for sure. Though the whole "tellsword" gave me a good laugh as I took it as a dumb play on the class "spellsword". As if like a Bard went and decided the class name. It has that sort of dumb pun vibe to it.
  • Options
    I really wanted a monk somewhere in the mix.  Nice to finally see the list; and yeah, I think a few names could use some re-work like Tellsword I would suggest Swordsinger.
  • Options
    I agree a few really need a overhaul, like Scout/Scion/Soulbow/BowSinger ( alot of the ranger line IMO) as well as Tellsword, Brood Warden, Song Warden, and even the mancer like ShadowMancer, SpellMancer. It seems like some where just a swing and a miss but naming 64 classes is a daunting task for intrepid. But those were all ones that caught my eye and I was like wow they really missed the mark. 
  • Options
    I like most of the names, but some leave me scratching my head.  "Protector" for cleric/ranger has me curious to what the skills/augments are.  Tellsword and Strider are the only ones I personally don't' care for. Strider I can get past if the augments increase movement or has gap closers.

I'm excited for Falconer, since  the name reminds me of the hunter build I played on Ragnarok Online. Beastmaster also has me intrigued!  I really don't know what I'm going to try first.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to playing as Enchanter. All the classes in magic/heal/support are amazing looking, though!
  • Options
    Pet fiend here. Gonna go summoner and try each and every one of the sub classes.
    THEN
    I will try the other classes and sub summoner on each and every one of them.
    Crossing fingers for alot of character slots. <..<
  • Options
    I'm fairly happy about all the classes and names. Looking forward to play them all
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Some of the names are pretty cool.

Sad Monk isn't one of them :(

Would be nice if we could choose the name for our Class combo ourselves.

• Options
    I'm feeling Predator myself...