Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What primary class will you choose?

What class will you choose when the game will be released? Write also on this thread the secondary class if you want to share! I usually play the Rogue\ assassin type but i'm still undecided between shadowblade, nightshield or shadow guardian, need to see the skills also before  :D

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/class-list/

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017

I usually play a Fighter or a Tank but this time I want to try and go for something magic related and Summoner caught my interest

• Options
    Tank for me, I like to play tank or heals, thus I fill one of the essential roles in a group, as in many other games I have played it was usually a tank or healer that was needed to get a group going. So if I am the tank that's just a healer and some dps I need to find, and lets face it dps are a dime a dozen. Good dps though that is somewhat harder to find :D 
  • Options
    My first will always be a cleric. healing buffs for all!
  • Options
    I will be choosing either "Rogue" or "Ranger" as primary. Secondary could be "Rogue", "Ranger", "Summoner", or "Cleric".

However not Rogue/Rogue nor Ranger/Ranger.
  • Options
    Summoner, I think it has the more interesting combinations.
  • Options
    Ill test out every class during alpha 1 for at least a couple hours but ill most likely roll a mage first. I've always liked the high damage/high chance of death if you get lazy glass cannon style of gameplay.......plus I like rdps so I don't get stuck looking at nothing but the feet of a large enemy
  • Options
    Well mainly a fighter cause I like having both offense and defense skills in balanced but I might try the other classes since I'm interested in all
  • Options
    In my experience in online rpg'ing rogues are something you usually love to play as but hate to play against. So I will make one for sure, also gonna check out ranger for sure. Got a buddy who wants to play the bard so according to the results he will be our one bard lulz.
  • Options
    I'm surprised by the lack of bard. I'm all over the bard bandwagon. Which mmorpg has ever done a bard right???? I'm super pumped for it. 
  • Options
    Mage and Cleric for me. If you've ever watched Avatar: The last air bender, you'll know why I picked mage. Also, being able to support my group is crucial for me so I've chosen Cleric as secondary. P.s. The Oracle sounds badass
  • Options
    Azrael007 said:
    Mage and Cleric for me. If you've ever watched Avatar: The last air bender, you'll know why I picked mage. Also, being able to support my group is crucial for me so I've chosen Cleric as secondary. P.s. The Oracle sounds badass
    Doesn't ring a bell.
  • Options
    Fighter, born and raised
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Really loving the idea of mage/rogue, but if they do the bard right I’m all about bard. Whether I roll mage/bard or bard/mage is up in the air tho.
  • Options
    I am torn between Dreadnaught fighter/tank (SOUNDS FUCKING AMAZING!), Knight, and Guardian. They all sound amazing but I am gonna have to choose dreadnaught first then make my main which will most likely be Guardian
  • Options
    I own a pair of birds so falconer called out to me

I was leaning rogue before I saw the list. 
  • Options
    I'm going to try Summoner and maybe Bard or Tank secondary. I think it would be awesome if I could summon creatures and then buff them as a Bard.
  • Options
    Must sing the song that signals your doom!
  • Options
    WangFire said:
    I'm going to try Summoner and maybe Bard or Tank secondary. I think it would be awesome if I could summon creatures and then buff them as a Bard.

Bard actually sounds really fun.  Very interesting, kinda like a buffer.  Though I'm a natural tank and would love to do both.  I've always tanked but, I wanna step out of that role and play something I don't normally play.  I'm really excited for what it has in store.

• Options
    Mage And Rouge.
  • Options
    Varkun said:
    Tank for me, I like to play tank or heals, thus I fill one of the essential roles in a group, as in many other games I have played it was usually a tank or healer that was needed to get a group going. So if I am the tank that's just a healer and some dps I need to find, and lets face it dps are a dime a dozen. Good dps though that is somewhat harder to find :D 
    Same in my case. Tanks and heals are most times harder to play if you go single but they are necessary for all teams.

But after some progression with my tank i will go for the bard  :o  So excited about this class. Class comb will probably be trickster, songcaller or magican .

• Options
    Need more information.
    I adore illusions, mysticism, but I don't see it. This is Mage? Bard? Cleric? Rogue+Mage?.. So hard.
  • Options
    I wonder If all classes are going to be solo-able and in how far they will be balanced. I feel that it would be kinda weird If a bard could defeat a tank though........
  • Options
    Leasle said:
    Need more information.
    I adore illusions, mysticism, but I don't see it. This is Mage? Bard? Cleric? Rogue+Mage?.. So hard.
    Ye illusions are best shit 

Since we know that second class just changes all abilitys from main class instead of adding new ones i guess illusion could be mage + rogue , bard + rogue or mage + bard . But i think its more likely that we wont get a real illusion master. 

I see this mage spell where he summons this 4 shadows of itself to get some evasion i guess and i think cmon give me the real shit. Spells like that you can find in almost all mmo's but i didnt see 1 time real good illusion stuff. i want a shadow that looks the same as me and mby i can swich position 1 time. That for the start would be nice ^^
  • Options
    I wonder If all classes are going to be solo-able and in how far they will be balanced. I feel that it would be kinda weird If a bard could defeat a tank though........
    They said they aren't balancing the classes for 1v1 but instead for group combat, so I am sure that there will be some classes that solo better than others.
  • Options
    I am a little undecided between a mage and summoner at the moment but I picked mage for now.
  • Options
    Almost always a bow class (hunter/ranger) but for Ashes I want to stick with the theme of changing things up completely. So I have decided to go for the tank, and learn that skillset from the ground up from level one. I feel like being a little more useful for my fellow players this time around, keep with the whole community theme :)
  • Options
    I just love seeing the high amount of tanks <3<3
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Bard classes can be very interesting, the games I played as a bard they lacked on influence for this reason I will have to check out the class first..   and maybe having bard as a sub-class is more useful then being a primary bard class. 

All said and done, I think we will all need a good sample before we make a final decision. 
  • Options
    You will know it, but then its already to late.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    cleric, cause i love to play a healer. :)
    ... but i don´t know which sub-class i will choice... rogue, mage, cleric, summoner or barde... we will see, how the sup-class will change the spells and abilities