Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Voyage to a new land.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    Silence just pure silence all around him. Peter finds himself floating in a void of darkness, his thoughts no longer on fighting, but more on what just happened. No one can be seen or heard, not even the sounds of battle.  He looks around to try to find the others, but only darkness in all directions. He is alone,  but there are no worries, as a calming peace drifts over him. Gone are all his concerns, all his feelings, as his mind opens to void around him. Then a voice calls to him. 
    " Peter......open your eyes. ", booms a deep voice.
    He wonders the meaning of it, open his eyes, he is looking into nothing, a dark void of endless darkness. 
    " Peter, open your eyes. See what is around you. ", rumbles a low voice.
    Those words again, he is looking to were it's coming from, then he closes his eyes to focus, then reopens them to see a light beaming down. Under it is his sister laying on the ground, and around her is a bed of flowers of different types. She looks to be at peace, as she looks to be sleeping, and she is holding a single red rose in her hands. 
    Peter moves to walk to her side, then the light fades, and a new light shines down to show Ashera. She is looking around confused,  as she calls for Peter and Anna, but she doesn't see him. 
    Peter rushes to her side, calling out her name, but the light fades again. He calls out once more for Ashera, as a new light shines down. Now he sees Silva and Mitra in ragged clothes, as they are scrubbing the ground on their knees with their bare hands. Peter sees the pain of long hours of work on their faces, as they continue to work without seeing him. Then the light fades once more, and in the distance, a new light shines down.
    Peter can barely make out the figure under this one, then it comes to him quickly, as it's the face of Grimsbane, but he looks much younger than before, as Grimsbane looks back at Peter with a smile. 
    " Is this how you pictured this place Peter, a sea of darkness? It's not how I pictured it, at least now what I thought it would be. ", says Grimsbane, as he turns to walk away. 
    Peter calls out to him as the light fades once more, then he is surrounded by the darkness once again. He stands still in this place, not knowing where to go or what to do next. If this is what death is, then let it take him. 
    Then a light shins down from above him, as a feeling of peace washes over his body, and a voice calls to him once more. 
    " Give me your hand Peter. ", says a claiming female voice.
    He raises a hand to the light, and he feels his body being sucked away to someplace, and the darkness fades from around him. Light spins and swirls quickly around him, then he feels a hard pressing to the ground. His eyes are closed, and as he slowly opens then, he sees a huge seven-headed dragon looking down over him, and on his chest rest Ashera  with a peace look on her face. 
    The dragon seems to smile at them, as a voice echoes in his mind. 
    " You are forever tied to me, you all are my children now. Take care young Stormhand, and grow the flame within you. Take care as I leave you now, farewell. " echoes the voice in his mind. 
    The dragon turns and takes flight away from the area, as Peter can only lay there and watch this massive dragon fly off to the distant horizon.  Slowly all who is on the ground around him wake up, Ashera who is rest on his chest opens her eyes to the sight of Peter now looking back at her. she is concerned as she quickly lifts her head up to look around, but Peter takes hold of her quickly to calm her concerns. 
    " What happened Peter, I was coming to help you, then all went dark. ", asks Ashera. 
    Peter helps her up, as they stand to their feet, now only wearing the basic clothes they worn under the dragon armor they once had. Peter watches as his sister stands with 
    Silva and Mitra, and she talks with them, but Peter can't hear what is being said. 
    Ashera gets his attention, as she questions where is Grimsbane? 
    Peter looks around with the feeling he was taken from this place. Gone too in Robert his brother, and he figures Grimsbane left with him as well. The sound of horses rushing up to get his attention now, as he turns to see Ashera's officers coming up fast to where they are standing. 
    Before they come to them, the sound of something speeding off into the air gets his attention, as he turns to look he sees Anna, 
    Silva, and Mitra in a triangle formation, as something small is zipping through the sky. 
    " What the blazes Anna! What did you three just do? You gave me a good jump. ", questions Peter now looking concerned. 
    Anna walks over with 
    Silva and Mitra now, as she explains to him what she did.
    "
    That was what is left of Magnus, he was turned into a cursed item, a medallion like a dragon head we once wore.  We were told to send it to a place pictured in our minds, and make sure it was sent deep into that place.  As it is an item that whoever wears it, will be granted the power of Magnus, along with taking on his curse.  ", says Anna now taking hold of Silva and Mitra hands. 
    " So what of these two? They fought with your brother Robert after all. ", asks Ashera. 
    " Don't worry about them Ashera, they are my concern now, and you don't have to worry about them anymore. ",  says Anna as she turns to Peter. 
    " Take care brother, until we meet again. ", says Anna as she hugs her brother. 
    She looks to Ashera and smiles, 
    " You better keep him out of trouble, or you will answer to me. ", then Anna turns and opens a portal, and leaves with 
    Silva and Mitra, as it closes behind them. 
    Ashera officers ride up with extra horses, and she turns to look at the destroyed castle with a tear in her eye. Peter knows there is no more to be done here, as he mounts one of the steeds, and they all ride off to one of the safe places Ashera has sent out in the backcountry. Peter looks back at what once was a lively area, now all in ruins with a dead volcano in the backdrop. One day maybe they can rebuild here, but there was so much destruction, so much death. Would anyone want to return here?

Months later, Peter is laying in a facey bed looking up at the ceiling. he wears only the nightwear given to him and on his left hand a wedding band. He thinks back over the past few months of things that have gone on, and over the adventures, he had leading up to this point. He never pictured himself being in this place, plus being married, but he has no regrets. He remembers the simple magic trick his mother showed him once, it's the same one he always did when alone. So he lifts his right hand, while resting his head on his left, then snaps his fighters to start a small flame. But this time the small flame takes on the shape of a dragons head, and it turns slowly in the air. 
    " Are you playing with fire again honey? ", says Ashera standing in the doorway in a nightgown.
    Peter quickly snaps it away and laughs a little, as she moves to join him in bed. They hold each other close, and the lights dim in the room. She gives him a few kisses, as he returns them in kind. 
    " You know I love you so much Peter, and I always will. ", say Ashera looking into his eyes. 
    " I love you too my love, I will always be here for you. Always and forever more. ", says Peter as they embrace in a deep kiss. 
    Peter thoughts drift as they continue to embrace in loves passion, and the future flashes in his mind. For a brief moment, he sees happy children dancing and playing, and a huge smile crosses his face, as Ashera smiles back at him. And they take each other once more. 

FINE...........................part 3 of 3
  • Options
    I hope you guys enjoyed this writing. Sorry, I took so long finishing it.  But the story of Peter Stormhand is over, at least as the main focus of any new stories I tell. Yes, I am going to drop a new tale soon, so be looking out for it. I am having a hard time figuring where to start this new one, so I am flipping a coin. lol
    New lands, old lands. hmmmm

• Options
    Great story, really enjoyed it 'w' can't wait for more of your work 'w'
  • Options
    Same here. its been a long road but every week its been great and you have improved over the time. I really look forward to any new stories you make ^^
  • Options
    Thx guys that means a lot coming from you. Next story to be dropped very soon.