Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

My hopes for AoC

I know that this might be a little late for this discussion, but it is only recently I knew of Ashes of Creation.  Firstly I am really excited about the game like many others, and would like to throw in my 2 cents worth on things.  Skill progression still seems to be a little murky.  Hopefully  Intrepid can break out of the standard fantasy MMO trap of level based progression and go with more of a skill or time based.  A great example of what I am talking about is EVE Online.  An excellent, and still viable, game that has stood the test of time (and very time consuming as well, which is why I had to give it up after a while).  Anyway, it would be great if it were at least possible for a newbie, or a group or them, with few 'in game' skill levels to take out a higher level character.  Face it no matter how many level 70 characters your get together in WOW, that lone level 90 is always going to beat the snot out of them.

Comments

• Options
    I think you will have fun reading this thread. It's nearly the same topic.
  • Options
    How about you join the Ashes of Creation discord where you'll be able to have a more in-depth conversation about your topic.  https://discord.gg/VTSMbm
  • Options
    As far as we know they have a indepth skill tree and stuff
  • Options
    We all have many hopes for this game, so keep active on the forums and lets make these hopes a reality. 

Personally, the biggest hope and unknown is how will ashes of creation beat the "test of time" so.. lets try and figure out how to make this possible :mrgreen: