What is the most important aspect of an MMORPG, for you, that you want Ashes of Creation to execute?

Greetings, gamers.  Rogue Raven here.
There are many important aspects of an online game that are not always executed properly in games coming out on the MMORPG scene.  What aspect(s) is most important to you?  What games have exemplified this aspect and how would you approve upon it if possible?

~Rogue Raven
Thespian Extraordinaire
Tagged:

Comments

• Gold_D_RogerGold_D_Roger Member
    edited June 2017
    как можно больше всяких разных нарядов одежды как в Клинок и Душа из боссов там выбивать можно наряды одежду , нон таргет из Дракон Догма японская версия мне очень эта система понравилась так же и классы от туда можно взять алхимик , магический лучник. и мир нужен огромный что бы несколько дней не хватило его полностью обойти , сильные и умные монстры, игра должна быть очень сложной, мир должен быть единым а не поделенный на локации с переходами а то как в Клинке и Душа понаставили переходы и сидишь на одних загрузках а не играешь, еще обязательно в игре нужно много всякие секреты, тайники, головоломки, тайны, и что бы не появлялись в одном и том же месте а по случайному образу по всему миру, ни каких телепортов все убрать.
  • BlackBennieBlackBennie Member
    From what I have noticed with MMORPGs and MMOs in general is that what is a make or break is the community of players. When playing MMOs there are people who can take things too seriously or not seriously enough and can ruin the experience for others. Being able to filter out the 'salty' players from prefered ones who can fit in the happy medium of your play experience would be awesome.
    I write one and translates quite another
  • NarycTaldinNarycTaldin Member
    For my friends and me, we've played SW:ToR for long time, is playing in a party important for a mmorpg. I like the system, BugWare/Bioware had for SW:ToR, all member of the party are in the same conversation with the constituent (Quest NPC). But the system was holey like dutch cheese. Often you had to collect a questitem more then once because it was exhausted/collected by a partymember before or the dropchance was personal, so you had to kill instead of 5 enemies 50 for the last questitem of the party. Same with the crafting ressources. I would prefer, if the ressources were collectable for all partymember for probably 5 or 10 seconds. In this way a party could collect more than a single player.

So summarized: Party play!

For them, who don't want to be in a guild, like Brandoneus said, there should be enough to do. And maybe every dungeon could be gone in a story/single player modus (like in Riders of Icarus).
    как можно больше всяких разных нарядов одежды как в Клинок и Душа из боссов там выбивать можно наряды одежду , нон таргет из Дракон Догма японская версия мне очень эта система понравилась так же и классы от туда можно взять алхимик , магический лучник. и мир нужен огромный что бы несколько дней не хватило его полностью обойти , сильные и умные монстры, игра должна быть очень сложной, мир должен быть единым а не поделенный на локации с переходами а то как в Клинке и Душа понаставили переходы и сидишь на одних загрузках а не играешь, еще обязательно в игре нужно много всякие секреты, тайники, головоломки, тайны, и что бы не появлялись в одном и том же месте а по случайному образу по всему миру, ни каких телепортов все убрать.
  • ApokApok Member ✭✭
    For me its big companies making MMOs for the "casual" players. more people tend to flock to MMOs that are made easy, there has to be hardship and players must work for what they have, in FFXI a game I talk about a lot players had to form a 6 man party, tank healer DPS the whole shibang just to down monsters your own level and gain experience. you did not level by playing solo. the story mode content was grueling because you couldn't just queue up for something either you actually had to take time to form a party and go there as a group. This in turn created a tighter community where players helped others a lot even new players or players doing content that others finished a long time ago because those players themselves went through hell getting there.

There need to be adversity in MMOs otherwise you have a bunch of little kids playing in a sandbox together

• VECNAVECNA Member ✭✭
    For me the single most important aspect of an MMORPG is Character Development and the Story Telling in the game. I love being given choices that will effect my Characters Life, for Better or for Worse. Just like in SWTOR
  • Mozsta69Mozsta69 Member ✭✭✭
    I would like a bit of 'hardcoreness' ( dont think thats even a word) in regards to travelling and exploring. I'm tired of quest destinations simply being marked with a giant white arrow etc, i want a game like the old days where they would say ' a cave to the east' and you would have to actually find it by exploring as opposed to just simply sprinting to the white arrow, as i play my mmo today this has totally killed the sense of exploration and satisfaction with ' find the cave in the east'. ....so zero quest markers please!! lol
    Secondly i want the inns and taverns to be real hubs somehow with music players and jollyness, maybe have gambling and card games in the and stuff you can only get in Taverns.
    Follow me on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/mozsta69 
  • wowfoodwowfood Member
    This isn't exactly the most important aspect but it kinda is at the same time.

The economy.  I've played too many games where the economy has ruined it for new players.  You get in early?  Great, buying that bronze for your level 1 blacksmith is cheap and affordable.  A few years later when gold sellers take over, it'll now take you a week of grinding to get enough money to buy a single piece, let alone a stack.

Same with gear.  New player who ants to get into the game, but can't afford to buy any gear, because people on their third alts are bidding millions for items which simply aren't worth it just so they can be twinked out.  (i'm lookingat you WoW)

I honestly hope that there are some controls in place in this game in order to prevent that kind of thing from happening, 
    ----------------

Second place idea is options.  I don't mind partying, but I hate being forced to.  I think partying up should help with doing certain things, but they shouldn't be the only way to progress.  As an example of good and bad.  Bad is FFXI, you hit level 14, and from then on in order to level you have to party up, you want to log in for half an hour and grind a bit?  Nope, because you gotta  spend most of that time finding a party.  

Good was FFXIV, you can go the entire game (up until raids really) and not need to party up at all, it makes it faster, but you don't have to.