Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Let there be Dark!

2»

Comments

• @Gothix
    I didnt read the whole thread, but the initial idea was about the ability to light up places that are dark by default. So its still bright and nice graphics, u just need to use the appropriate skills first ... for immersion reasons, increasing the sense of danger and the like. I think its great.
  • Well I dont mean out right blackness, but I don't wan't to see nights being as bright as day.
    Image result for wow night time
    A bit darker than the 'old' style is all I really want, not a survival game black screen.
  • I saw that in the videos on YT there was plenty darkness, to the point that light spells and torches are a necessity (the light spell was used too) so I'd say that it's a good balance ;O
  • Found it, think it's this one, looks satisfactory to be :3 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHTWhIF5cqI
  • Uao said:
    @Gothix
    I didnt read the whole thread, but the initial idea was about the ability to light up places that are dark by default. So its still bright and nice graphics, u just need to use the appropriate skills first ... for immersion reasons, increasing the sense of danger and the like. I think its great.

Thing is, when you use a torch or mage sphere, it only lights up like 2 meters around you and everything else is still black.

We've seen in video radius on mage sphere. Torches aren't likely be any different.
    That's is still blackness.