Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What's going to be your main character's primary/first Class

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    As most MMOs are over populated with DPS classes, I was just curious if this community is going the same route. Just trying to see if we can get a feel for what people are interested in.
  • Options
    Has been asked many times before but will vote again.
  • Options
    Pooka is torn between playing a Rogue (to be Assassin) or Summoner (For Beastmaster).

Pooka will probably go Rogue though.
  • Options
    I voted for summoner for primary class possibly mage for secondary. I'm still undecided really. Till I actually get my hands on the game and try out different classes its difficult to say.
  • Options
    The bards song. Enjoy https://youtu.be/20sIhZLVJR4
  • Options
    Relwoh said:
    I voted for summoner for primary class possibly mage for secondary. I'm still undecided really. Till I actually get my hands on the game and try out different classes its difficult to say.
    I get that and figure a good portion of players are the same way. Just was curious what the trend would look like.
  • Options
    I really enjoy tanking its the only time I get to boss people around lol
  • Options
    Mage probably, unless some of the other archetypes and classes surprise me at the end of the testing phases.
  • Options
    Cleric might go high priest or paladin, not sure 

• Options
    Guardian/knight/dreadnaught are what I am looking forward to so I will start tank then start fighter and see what is more my style
  • Options
    I will totally be a bard. 

I hope this system allows for flexibility in role. In a group: I love to tank, I love to heal, I hate to be the DPS. I also hope there is more room for support type play, such as buffing the party, providing damage prevention, distracting mobs as a form of CC etc.
  • Options
    Image result for gandalf meme
    Enough said.
  • Options
    I'm surprised rouges are not a higher %
  • Options
    Ranger primary, most likely mage secondary.... yet i have no idea why they named that "Scion" it doesn't make any sense... seems more of an Arcane Archer. I'll also try Rogue, Summoner, and Bard as secondaries. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    I am thinking of becoming a fighter/Summoner = BLADECALLER but everytime I wake up I charge my my mind and have different ideas still not 100% sure what I would like to be but I will be human for sure.
  • Options
    Relwoh said:
    Same. I voted summoner too, but I can imagine a lot of interesting combos. I won't know until I try them. I hope playing a few different characters turns out to be practical.
  • Options
    I voted bard....It's so polar opposite for what I normally choose and I was wondering if the bard position sorta worked like songcraft does in Archeage. 
  • Options
    I'm leaning Ranger at this time based completely on speculation on what type of play style I think will be fun. I've been a sword and board melee for the last few games, and a healer before that. 

Looking to change it up this time around.
  • Options
    Would be nice to know if the fighter class can dual wield 1h swords
  • Options
    Cleric - curious how a Cleric / Ranger combo will work
  • Options
    Definitely tank primary.

Secondary will be whichever class allows the most control over other players. I've wanted to play a CC/Tank forever.
  • Options
    My first character will be a fighter primary.  Probably with a mage secondary.  I always chose a fighter type for my first character in any game I play.  I usually try to build them as some sort of an off-tank so I can have a balance.  More dps than a pure tank and more protection than a pure dps class.  This lets me explore and play and learn the game at a decent pace (in some games pure tanks kill very slowly) while not being as squishy as dps classes while I'm still learning.
  • Options
    I voted Cleric as I can imagine it'll be the only healer (besides bard - which just isn't for me) to begin with.
  • Options
    i picked rogue, normal never play the rogue 
  • Options
    I'm going to be a fighter. Secondary class will be anything with an axe. A huge axe please.
  • Options
    I almost always play pet based classes myself
  • Options
    I'm really undecided but I'm torn between three right now. Rogue, Mage and Cleric. I'll even probably toy around with a tank for a bit. But we'll see.
  • Options
  • Options
    Mage or Ranger will be my focus at first, whichever offers me the best ranged DPS.
  • Options
    I picked Tank....looking at Knight....

Ive pretty much always played a tank in MMORPGS...its what Im best at....

This of course might change as more info on weapons, skills, and playstyles come out.