Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Blacksmithing

How in depth would people like to see the crafting system specifically blacksmithing? I would like to see i in depth system that allows people to have options to craft like inlaying text on the sword. Being able to make different alloys of metal, like some having increased strength to allow the sword to last longer before it needs to be repaired or being able to favor damage over the strength. The shape of the sword to some favoring parring or counter striking others more piercing damage or slash. The agility of the sword could also be affected like having the ability of being able to pull back a strike mid swing to be able to block. It wouldn't be the hardest thing to accomplish when crafting the sword the game viewed it as a character slider mechanic but different styles and alloys had ability checks. If the player couldn't select the option from a menu but instead had to actively craft based partly on their characters knowledge and their own to bring an immersive element hardly seen in other games. I have more ideas on certain crafting systems and mechanics that we can talk about if anyone's interested.

Comments

• Riftor said:
    How in depth would people like to see the crafting system specifically blacksmithing? I would like to see i in depth system that allows people to have options to craft like inlaying text on the sword. Being able to make different alloys of metal, like some having increased strength to allow the sword to last longer before it needs to be repaired or being able to favor damage over the strength. The shape of the sword to some favoring parring or counter striking others more piercing damage or slash. The agility of the sword could also be affected like having the ability of being able to pull back a strike mid swing to be able to block. It wouldn't be the hardest thing to accomplish when crafting the sword the game viewed it as a character slider mechanic but different styles and alloys had ability checks. If the player couldn't select the option from a menu but instead had to actively craft based partly on their characters knowledge and their own to bring an immersive element hardly seen in other games. I have more ideas on certain crafting systems and mechanics that we can talk about if anyone's interested.
    What you just described is so detailed that I doubt there will be time for doing it, obviously materials used on weapons will correspond to their stats, engraving letters on weapons is a cool idea or rather 'naming' them upon creation and then the name will be carved into the blade, there have been a few talks about such detailed crafting systems but it's simply too much to deal with considering the game is an mmo and not some crafting simulator.

Regarding shape of weapons or rather weapon types (rapier, saber, longsword etc) they won't make much of a difference on combat mechanics, afterall this isn't something like a medieval game with parrying, counters and the like but an mmo where all damage relies on stats and a bit of mechanical skill to pull of (not a lot though) well this is just my speculations really.