Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Military Metropolis - ability to set a LAW: everyone in zone is perma purple

As the title says, I strongly believe a military metropolis would have an ability to set a law that basically sets anyone that enters this zone perma purple.

Travelers would be warned when reaching the border of the zone: "You have crossed into military zone that automatically PvP flags every traveler. You will automatically flag purple in 10 seconds! If you do not want to get flagged travel back now!"

After which timer would count down 10 seconds, and if player remained in military zone he is now flagged.

Now this would not necessarily come automatically with military metropolis (it can as far as I'm concerned), but it can also be an option that military node leader can activate if he wants to.

Comments

• I don't see the devs implementing this. It would definitely be interesting, but that node would lose all trade. Thus causing it to down grade.
  • If that's the case whats the point of open PvP in the first place?
  • I kind of suspect something like this for military nodes. Having everyone flagged as a combatant fits the military atmosphere. This wouldn't affect trade as caravans are already open pvp zones. 
  • Nodes are suppose to trade with each other, this type of law could seriously hinder trade. Personally I could see a law flagging all citizens as purple, but not players just passing through. This would do almost the same thing, all citizens could be engaged by visitors, but people passing through wouldn't be attacked "just cause."
  • I like the idea. Living in a Military Node, where leaders are decided by combat, this kinda thing just fits.
  • I am kind of skeptical about this, I don't think it will be that helpful for the node

Also poll seems to be lacking options...
  • Sometimes, OP, I wonder if you can pass the Turing Test.
  • Yeah this isn't a great idea... Perhaps it could be some kind of temporary effect due to X/Y events in the node, but never permanent. 
  • No that would be silly, no one would come to the metropolis then they would all go to the other ones
  • A very niche idea. I couldn't see this turning out well for the node.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    This game will already be very PvP friendly, so this would certainly be an overkill.

Also nice poll.. XX
  • Not a likely mechanic to be implemented, as previously stated. E for effort.
  • YES YES YES, this would be so sick, you could have a feared zone, only people who dare would enter it.
  • NoeSparks said:
    A very niche idea. I couldn't see this turning out well for the node.
    If you have a big guild there, with all sorts of good players with every profession to the max, you can use all the resources for yourself and prep for the upcoming wars xD
  • It appears to be 50:50 for now between yes and hell yes. :wink:
    edited February 2018
    I like the idea and would be fine with it being implemented, that being said if you are going to make a poll allow for a dissenting vote from your own opinion please.
  • If you want to stay a settlement or a village forever sure go for it lol. No one who is serious about trading will come near your city. The risks out weight the rewards. The place you live would be just a social hub at that point. One huge circle jerking. 
  • makinoji said:
    One huge circle jerking. 

I know you want some. Don't be afraid to admit it.
  • I don't see why not.

I mean, if everyone is so certain that the node would never develop in the first place then I personally don't see why it would be an issue.

Would be pretty sweet to rock into a dangerous outlaw town or city.
    edited March 2018
    Well if a military node can pass a law saying compulsory PvP.
    Surely a religious/diplomatic node can pass a law saying no PvP.
    I am not sure you thought this through ;)

I argued for permanent, mobile and temporary Battleground.
    I argued for permanent, mobile and temporary Sanctuaries.
    And those in between can have the corruption system (conditional battleground).

Whose trololololoing who now :D
  • Some nodes should be hives for scum and villany
  • How about Hell No :P
  • I would be all for it if it was just a temporary activation that cost some form of resources or currency, otherwise what @BCGiant said :smile:

• I like the idea of "Do you dare enter", however, this needs to be implemented in such a way that it doesn't imbalance the trading aspect within the nodes. If they get this right, it could be a hit.
    edited March 2018
    As things stand now, PvP is nerfed, PvE is not.

- you can freely do dungeons any time anywhere without your stats suffering for time spent there or your gear getting chance to be destroyed
    - you can craft anytime anywhere without your stats suffering for it, or you getting chance for your gear to be destroyed

- you can NOT PvP anytime anywhere without punishment

If this is gonna be "real PvX" then PvE and PvP need to get equal standing, so both unpunished PvE and PvP, or both equally restricted PvE and PvP.

So if corruption stays for some PvP occasions, then you must gain corruption for some dungeon runs, and some crafting jobs,...

Otherwise this is just not "real PvX".

Or how about we flip coin completely, so PvP and PvE switch places... So PvP without any sort of consequences, but doing dungeons, gathering and crafting reducing your stats and giving you chance to destroy your gear.

And then PvP community can tell you that all is fair "cause it's IS vision, and we don't want DungeonBoX in AoC, we want to PvP while people not disturbing us with their PvE everywhere we go.

Yeah I think we should do that... that you get to see how it is.
  • I'm sorry, but again, PvP is not nerfed. If you fight a player, and that player fights back (as in PvP), there are no penalties.

If you attack and kill someone that doesn't want to fight back there is corruption. If only one player is in the fight, is it truly player versus player?
    This means if you attack them, and don't kill them, there is no corruption.

So many members on the forum want to get rid of, or reduce, corruption. They can only gain corruption by killing a player that doesn't want to fight them. Yet, they don't think there will be enough of them to fight each other. Or they don't want to fight each other. Maybe it's not fun enough to engage in PvP when someone actually fights back, I don't know.

This argument is just becoming lazy and weird.
  • I like this bc just bc you can fight doesnt meant you have to i mean it would be a nice way to make the rules like the stronger makes the rules would be an interessting node (but i would preffer a "normal" node and maybe a few of this Military nods just for fun)
  • Interesting concept!
  • Azathoth said:

This argument is just becoming lazy and weird.

I only consider a PvP being "true PvP" when I am able to attack anyone without having this action automatically screw me, regardless of if I win or lose.

In game where even after victory you get screwed (simply because other player chose to remain green), THAT is not PvP, that is bullshit...

I win, but as reward my stats get rekt... how can you even consider that not BS?

PvP includes mutual combat, PK, even ganking. That is all PvP. SOME of this PvP is fair, and some might be unfair, but it is ALL PvP.

As said earlier I can live with game helping against someone deliberatley following same target over prolonged period of time and griefing him for no useful purpose...

But if any player can just stay green and let my stats get rekt anytime anywhere after I attack and win, that is not PvP. That is BS.

And only carebears will disagree with this. And any developer that aims to create a good PvX title, should not listen to either extremity of population. So not listen to griefers, but also not listen to carebears.