Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Military Metropolis - ability to set a LAW: everyone in zone is perma purple

13»

Comments

• Options
    Everyone keeps saying this will effect trading . . . but all caravans are mobile pvp zones . . . and if someone knows you are moving a lot of materials with your character then they will kill you regardless of corruption or not (I sure as hell would). This type of zone would make goods cost more usually due to the fact most traders would need to hire some muscle to walk into the are usually (unless its a caravan). So this would actually be a great idea because it would increase the competition in the area for resources (make them more valuable).
  • Options
    This would be a great mechanic as a military metro Governors choice !  Your Military leader toggling all into combatant mode will keep a military focused zone from developing resources quickly and slow their conquest of other Zones.
  • Options

"Military Metropolis - ability to set a LAW: everyone in zone is perma purple"

@Fyziks
    Just had to put the title of post in a response :smile:
  • Options
    It's one thing to take a caravan and risk PvP along the path than be flagged for PvP after you delivered the caravan.

Once in the town, caravan sold, and having to leave the node prior to getting attacked (because you're purple rather or not you want to be and no fast travel) would be more to the point I wanted to make.

I am also under the assumption that most caravans will be filled/operated by PvE focused players. Traveling to nodes where they are flagged Purple rather or not they want to be would, imo, decrease those players moving caravans to those nodes.

However, all the PvP focused players filling caravans and moving them might be more willing to deal with said Military Node.

I understand that if I deliver my goods to another node, afterward I can still be attacked. However, if I am green I would assume a smaller number of PvP's would attack me in that node versus being flagged purple.

In this regard, I think it could deter trade ...but I didn't consider all those PvP focused players filling caravans...
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    TY! whitedude31. The time has come to evolve the term carebear into QQbear and scarebear!  It is ALPHA 0. = evolving toward a workable system. I originally believed that corruption for first kill was extreme. Now in the context of murdering multiple greens as a lazy form of gathering, I am all for it. A military leader having a PvP all toggle is an even more attractive concept after reading all of these opinions. I think it should be timed in with a warning period and be  ZOI for any military node leader.

• Options
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    OOPS!