Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Greetings from the shadows

A new hope of the gaming world has emerged and it's called Ashes of Creation. I'm glad to say that this MMO might be the long awaited game to revolutionize the genre towards the direction we the gamers have so longly desired. I'm here to give my official endorsement to this game and will be eagerly waiting to see the final product. I'm usually very critical of games especially in the MMO genre so by having my interest means you are headed in the right direction. To be honest I haven't quite had this feeling since vanilla wow was announced. 

I hope they do truly innovate to the level I feel they can. One area of focus which will be critical to this games success will be the combat system. We all have opinions so I'll share mine. What if they instead used a real world momentum directional combat system where you would have to aim attacks. I feel if they did this it would be something new that wouldn't be the same old combat we have had with other titles. This would add another level of skill that would make the game enjoyable. I would also support the idea of a targeting system which would be affected by stats from your gear. Meaning the more of X stat the easier it is to target and remain targeting a mob. I feel the capability to target would only be prevalent in the end game characters as opposed to starters it would be almost non existent. Ofcourse an MMO needs to have a mouse cursor to click things so to fix this you would have a mouse cursor out of combat but when you're in combat you have an aim sight in the center screen.

I don't know though just some thoughts. Also the spell/ability  animations shouldn't be so high profile because when you have many people together using them the game becomes unrecognizable.

The shadows send you luck Intrepid studios.

-The Real Nightblade

Comments