Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes First Expansion Thoughts

2»

Comments

• Options
    If it were to be marketed as a Expansion I think it would have to consist of a  entirely new continent with new node variants perhaps. Something that would alter the known world and be worth the pocket change.
  • Options
    I think its too early to expect new content from them. If they add any, it'll be new content for every server or something what can fit to policy for all servers.
    But however I like to see something like flying city or deep  underwater node. Of course you can fly or swim only in node zone.

If they will add flying node I like to see many bigger and smaler islands what's conected by line or portals what give you flying ability for 1m 
  • Options
    as long as it does not add a new region because it would make the nodes that already existed empty but portals to raids and greater lore explanations or a more modern  civilization

• Options
    Malgus said:
    as long as it does not add a new region because it would make the nodes that already existed empty but portals to raids and greater lore explanations or a more modern  civilization

New regions can easily be utilized via larger zones of influence.
  • Options
    Xombie said:
    I wouldn't have an issue paying for fully fleshed out Expansion to be perfectly honest.
    Yeah I would too.  A lot of games seem to have abandoned expansions totally in favor for micro-transactions, however a fully featured stand alone expansion is like relaunching the game each time one is released.  It creates a wave of new enthusiasm for the game and attracts new players, as they perceive it's alive and well, and actively being updated.  Something that is really hard for microtrans and dlc's to capture.
  • Options
    I hope we get a bunch of DLCs rather than "expansions".
    I want the story to evolve - new mobs, new gear, new abilities, new quests and tasks.

I suppose getting new classes and a new node type might be more of an expansion, but I don't necessarily care too much about that at the moment.
    First we have to see how engaged we feel by the dynamic changes caused by siegeing existing cities and metropolises and building new ones.

• Options
    I'd rather see a bunch of those smaller DLC's be really well refined and released together as an "expansion" and have a pricetag to further ensure more future content and development.
  • Options
    Interesting topic, and I would say it depends. If we take your hypothetical scenario about Ashes being a smash hit.

The speed of when an expansion should come out, depends on the progression system (after max level) will it be a standard gear progression, and you go through the tiers of raids, every so often having to replace broken gear. I'd say two years. For a new game anyway.

If progression is focused on something else, whatever that may be, we might see, and be "content" (har har) with an entirely different schedule of expansion releases.
  • Options
    Um I would be down for every year?? to two years? make them big with updates
  • Options
    The larger, more refined, and fresh, the better.
  • Options
    As long as it doesn't pass the 2 yr mark i think its acceptable. After that it would die out before the expansions hit. I know id get bored, I could be wrong though. 
  • Options
    Thsres a lot of playability with thw base game considering content availability will vary from server to server depending on node progressions and such.