Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Wyvern?

This world boss from the Nodes Part One video seems to feature in other concept art pieces.

Kickstarter Royalty package.

Concept art (from official press kit).

Anyone care to speculate?

Comments

• Options
    I would like to think that the dragon and the volcano in the KS pack is refering to the event talked about in the node video, relating to the text saying: "Work with the devs to design an event within Ashes of Creation"

Other than that, I would speculate that wyverns will be gliding mounts within the game
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
     You must be trying to make a point @lexmax
    ..and you normally make fine points too, but....this one alludes me.
    Please expand
    :wink:

I see it the same way as @BraneGames
    sees it.

Is it the using copy pasta artwork to create the southpark style demo ?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Thats not a Wyvern!!! Its just GM Sam coming into work in the early AM =P
  • Options
     You must be trying to make a point @lexmax
    ..and you normally make fine points too, but....this one alludes me.
    Please expand
    :wink:

I see it the same way as @BraneGames
    sees it.

Is it the using copy pasta artwork to create the southpark style demo ?
    I was just asking for people to speculate on the significance of the wyvern in Ashes. Like, is this the kind of thing that hatched out of this (cause it looks like an egg)?

Just idle speculation is all :blush:
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Jeez mate. I have to make a real leap of understanding with my wife sometimes but that one far exceeded my extensive waifu training. Haha!

So do you think when Steven talks about the node/castle dragons and the occasional dragon egg out in the wild....this might be such an egg ?
    Hhhhhm ??!! Maybe.

Could just as easily be a stuff-it-in egg though
    :thinking:
  • Options
    That dragon/wyvern species might be one of the reasons that the races had to leave Verra in the past ? 
  • Options
    That dragon/wyvern species might be one of the reasons that the races had to leave Verra in the past ? 
    Kind of like in the movie Reign of Fire?
  • Options
    What if we breed the Wyvern with the hydra swan via animal husbandry?! Really rake in all the benefits that interspecies erotica has to offer! 
  • Options
    Kind of like in the movie Reign of Fire?
    Well I guess, never saw the movie though only heard about it :3 It's just that the artwork for AoC has the wyverns attacking a gate with people/horses running inside :3
  • Options
    When we are gonna fight with wyvern what's calling dragon I rly gonna upset
  • Options
    Rainer said:
    When we are gonna fight with wyvern what's calling dragon I rly gonna upset
    Dude, same.