Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Controversy [EU] Nationbuilding

Comments

• Hi there i wld like to join the guild! :D

im 34 live in holland, i played MMORPG's all my life: wow, swtor,gw2,bdo.

i cant wait for this one!
  • You sound like a very humble and comfortable player, i'd love to join you in the quest of undiscovering everything in this game, which looks to be amazing!
  • Just discovered this new and fantastic looking MMO and I really like the look of this community you're starting. I'd love to join up with you guys ready to take the world by storm. Long time WoW player who became disillusioned years ago but there was never anything better........until now

Oh - and I love tea; I might even get myself a flagon
  • Seems cool, I would like to join the discord server.
  • Sign me upp fam. <3
  • The lazy Peon has brought quite a wave of new people into this holy sandal land, how the heck did you all stumble so far off the path to find us crazy...I mean awesome people? <cough> in our glade in the middle of nowhere... I mean the main spot light on the main stage? Obviously.
    Anyway I'll welcome you all gladly to our little secret base, make yourself comfortable and see if you could like it with us colourful bunch of random people.

I haven't found you in the discord yet @Liquicity , so if you could drop me a note that would be great, same for whomever I might not have found and added someone else by accident instead.

There are still quite a few people missing, without a forum PM system it's really hard to contact you again, so if you are still waiting or just want to join later
    Zekece#1819
    is where you can drop me a message in discord with.
  • This sounds like an awesome guild. I would love to join!

Still new to Ashes of Creation, but I'm very excited about it. Seems like I've finally found a MMORPG that takes professions and questing as seriously as combat and dungeons. I also love the idea of us building the world and not the developers choosing what we experience. Will definitely make the game more diverse and exciting.

*takes a sip from what I assume is complimentary tea and not a scheme to pay for the guilds financial cost through hidden tea fees*
  • That was the speech I was waiting for. Someone who'd make me actually play this game with people who ain't "randoms" or just "numbers". Someone who'd bring up my inner nerd.
  • You can count on me, I would like to join the guild !

<strong>Here I come !</strong> <<em>Shout with all his might</em>>

<strong><em>...</em></strong>

<<em>It's not very effective</em>>
  • ''Im in'' <Hovers into the tavern, accompanied by a fog that floats on the ground like fog in a graveyard at night > . ''I will take the opposing souls as if they were the steam of my very delicious japan sencha.''

Well, after this intro of mine, i can put these jokes aside for a moment. Wait, are they actually jokes? I think i can help you build up a great community, have a lot of fun and fight for our future position in this great looking mmorpg.
    Till now, i have gathered some exp in mmos like rom, b&s and bdo. Yeah, death itself has a lot of interest in playing games. I have just one question. What games are you playing together right now till this great creation will be released?

Until then I will stay here, drink my tea and hope that no one will die from touching my fog ;). < ''stepping'' aside >

The death is available under the following Tag:
    Malthael#7780

I will join the forces tommorow i think ( officially)

Because I also have to pursue my vocation as an angel of death from time to time, it can also happen that I am not there.
  • Geez people, I'll need a bigger tavern room and more serving personel if you keep storming in like that, why are you so inconsiderate, making me work so much!? <snickers>

@fumertu It all depends on how involved you want to be, but in general you will need discord to get in touch with me __ Zekece#1819 __ Come and find me., I might not try too hard to stay hidden. Might.

That count's for everybody, if you want to get involved, just drop me a note so we can have some sweet lovertalks while drinking tea or whatever you like. If you so prefer it can be some heated discussions about air and it's different tastes depending on weather, location and mood. OR some simple back and forth sharing of movies and music. I'm open for any suggestion.

Or you can simply join up in our discord on get to know all the people that joined up so far. I'm sure you will find new friends to share time with there.

We play some games very loosely together right now, a few of us started Path of exile(which is kind of on hold), some play a few rounds of LoL together from time to time, Master x MAster recently joined those ranks as well as Warframe.
    We don't have a big community game right now and we are only loosely playing together still searching for a game more people enjoy and can play at the same time in their own pace.

P.s.: I can't seem to find you under the given discord name @malthael
  • Sounds awesome! Really want to be a part of this and hope you accept me :)
    Discord: Kaibutsu #9236
  • hey i'd like to join you in AoC, i dont have a computer to play with atm but that should change in at most 2 weeks.
    Im from Germany but as you can see english isnt a problem.
    I've got a bit of experience in RoM and would like to play a powerful cleric, anyways i love raiding difficult dungeons and teaching newbs ;p
    anyways i got a lot of experience watching first-clear-groups often from the second row of the same guild maybe i can be there in the front this time around.

Now i just need to fint the right tee for the occasion... those things are important....

would love to hear from you (discordfriendship is underway dont know how to wisper either...) kind regards D4nte

edit: Discord-tag might be usefull on second thought ;p D4nte85#3287
  • *Steps through the portal*
    Greetings!
    I was led here by a.... *ahem* feline looking fellow <scans the tavern>. First I'm sitting in the tavern 'sipping' my wine and then *BAM* out of nowhere I am accosted by a tea bearing feline. <I do hope the comments centering around pelts and furs were not offensive>.

My interests include gathering, research and knowledge (foremost being knowledge in the arcane). I lend my wisdom and dedication to the cause. <Shifts around seeking an empty chair>.

I have seen various wonders, sights to behold. My traverse through the void has brought me many adventures, quite possibly too many to relate. I have landed here, this tavern on this day with the promise of a 'new world' to explore. The anticipation has pulled me from my sedentary existence. The need of companionship is readily apparent, protection of studies, augmentation of techniques and a partnership or alliance would seem in order. For the betterment of technologies, I offer my services.

Disclaimer - I am U.S. based, should the leylines prove more available in a U.S. server, I may quite well indulge in closer connection.
  • Sounds like this could be interesting and a good way to keep me hooked to the game. I would love to be apart of this alliance/guild thing!
  • The way you have described everything is exactly how I feel about MMO's! Have played many MMO's such as WoW, BDO, Tera, etc. and I'm so excited for this one ! I would love to experience AoC with you ! Expect to hear from me really soon xx :)
  • <polishes glasses behind the counter with a tender care, upon Ensab's entry he looks up with a lazy smile>

Welcome, I do apologice for this feline's forward manners, I'm sure he ment well having you led here to this nest of explorational spirit.
    Please take a seat, can I interest you in some lovely red? We have quite an assortment and some very special years stored up.

It's nice to see there are still people around with fire burning in their curiosity making them seek new worlds time and time again. If you so wish to, you can rent a room here for as long as you like. By now we have quite a crowd staying here, I'm sure you will find some likeminded people to rattle on about your past and future adventures and discoveries.
    Yes future ones too, noone is ever truly sated with that. <smirks knowingly with a glint in his eyes>
    We have some wanderers that have come a long way and decided to stay for a while, if they, just like you so decide to go back to their own far away homelands, I will wish you well on your way, but until then, enjoy your stay.

<there are plenty more open seats people can occupy and plenty more rooms to rent in the tavern. It get's quite cheerfull at the right time, bustling with activities and even games. People are sitting around huddled together, discussing fircely the important questions of life, like tea or coffee (tea of course). Mischieve is ensured>

So as always, feel free to drop by in the discord with a message to me Zekece#1819 , Seraxia#8643 or whomever you can find when you shout the name controversity in the Ashes discord!
  • Hey there, I used to be a right-hand of a guild leader in Guild Wars 2 back when it wasn't free to play yet. We had an awesome community and did a lot together. All 400 of us were friends and were always there for each other. After the guild died a while ago, I've been looking for a guild in a good mmo which feels the same. Looking at this post, I feel like I might have found the guild I was looking for. Also this game got me hyped as much as Guild Wars 2 did a few years ago.
  • As your quote so eloquently puts it, "One ticket to wonderland and back please"!.

I too am very excited to see how (if) the entire world can really be fluid with PVP/PVE/etc. I am excited for this game and know that making strong connections is one of the best ways to ensure a fun experience in any MMO. Sign me up.
  • *Dramatically appears in a cloud of red smoke* "why...hello...of course I would like to pre-join a guild, make plans, do some sentry around the campsite, tell tales, make jokes (not ALL at the cost of others...but light hearted I promise????) *insert laugh the kind with lots of teeth showing* ill bring the marshmallows and you bring the sticks...team work is awesome! *dramatically vanishes in a cloud of green smoke with a light scent of daffodils *
  • Would love to join sounds like fun
  • *thunder behind* Welcome mortals <em>coughs</em> to the tea extravaganza of course. We're all excited for the incoming participants. As there's still a slight <em>difficulty</em> with the forum messages, I shall encourage you to message our mighty fish lover Zekece on discord (Zekece#1819) for further invitation.
    *takes umbrella and runs from into the thunder* Looking forward to the next fairy tale!
  • <em>A feline figure comes walking out of the corner of the room and walks towards the person called "JonThePotato"</em>
    <strong>Nyaan! I do hope you enjoy a cup of tea from time to time...</strong>
    <em>The feline started smirking as he said</em>
    <strong>Because if you do, we might have to talk in a more 'private' place...</strong>
  • *god I am gonna love this guild* humour is a big seller for me! I love, love, looove a guild that has structure but also can have a good laugh. (Not unlike Fairy Tail Guild) hihi...
    I used to be in a guild called Furious (old school WoW) .....played with them for years...still think about them years later...*sigh* I miss them. But on to new adventures and friendships!
  • ngaganhagahana <jumps from the bar in a comical salto with a stumbling landing> Puuurrfect landing.
    If you love it already then you should get in our discord right about now. ngaganhagahana
    I will personally make sure your stomach will hurt <grins mischieviously and looks around pointing at everyone>

All of you should stop wasting your time out here and join us already. I need more willing victims - I mean followers, no what's the word? Oh publicum to... enjoy! the show from the first seat rank!
    It's as if you are part of it, I promise! <hops through the room throwing out confetti and occasional some pie lands on someones face> <snickers> chichichi
  • <the door breaks and a mysterious creature shouts> Hi there! I'm sorry to interrupt you in the middle of night, but I've been walking for too many days.
    May I take a seat? <walking through the room looking for the seat, when he finally finds the open one> I have to apologize for the door, I'll pay for that later, but now, would you bring me some bamboo leaf tea? <one of the employees brings the tea> Ahh, that's lovely! <creature drinks its tea>
    Now then, I should introduce myself. <stands up> I'm Petros, the panda traveler. I traveled through the whole world, looking for a place I could call my "home". Then I heard some rumors about the portal, leading to another world, unexplored, abandoned. At the time I said to myself that if I should ever find a home, it shall be there. So I came through the portal, excited about unknown <looking deep in the eyes to all around him>, but I had never imagine to meet someone here. Knowing that there may not be coming back, it needs a lot of courage to make that step. <sits down> So, as we gathered here in such number, we may join our forces and build a new home for everyone! <turns his sight to Grisu> What do you say?

<em>*Hope my English is not that bad as I think it is. At least you should understand the meaning.*</em>
  • *runs back with his thunder above, keeping his umbrella closer as the wind became stronger* <em>walks out of the thunder</em> <strong>Grisu's voice</strong>
    Our communicating device is the discord application, currently we are gathering the mighty warriors all around the land. If you wish to swear on your sword and join the tea party <em>winks</em> , we shall discuss this matter further on the discord.
    *runs back into the mist with his umbrella almost broken and thunder behind his butt* <em>leaves behind nothing but a letter with Grisu's discord* @Zekece#1819
  • <em>A dwarf comes to a little village when he suddenly hear an inspiring voice</em>
    - The flaggons are endless and the tavern is warm, come and join us as we will build the best nation in all of ashes history together!
    <em>He run as quickly as his small legs allow him to do</em>
    - I'll lend you all my might and knowledge to help you with your goal! <em>The dwarf shouts as he ran</em>

Join the discord by sending a mesage to @Zekece#1819
  • Well @Grisu I'm certainly very interested in your goals and the guild in general but I have no idea what you're trying to say with the guild name "Controversity" since there is no such word.

Yeah I consider guild name almost as important as the people in it...

Also the "probably EU" is off-putting..

Good luck
  • Did it peek your interest? <smiles a lazy smile at woflhammer> You should have a chat with me, don't you think? I can tell you about so many wonders, even if you have been around for quite a while longer. Chichichi

That "probably EU"-part is a relic. Sadly, due to the limitations of the forum, I can not change it to reflect the current state, which is certainly starting in the EU region. <looks longingly into the promised distance of a forum update>

<clanks his teaflagon on the desk to the rythm of the tavern songs> Be welcome, be free it's all you ever need.