Rogue no stealth

Hi i want to play a rogue but i dont want to use stealth!!! 
I no your not at the point of class's being 100% done.
So with that in mind i would like to try and give some ideas of a stealth substitute skill.
Teleaporting like x mans night crawler

Morphing into things like a npc or small animal or log like naruto

Haveing increased dex so your really hard to hit but you can crite easy. Pa dota

I just dont like stealth but i like everything else about the rogue life 

Comments

• Shape shifting would be good...but is that really a rogue talent ? Could be a version of the rogue.
    You can have increased crit build ...as long as the base damage/mitigation/healing is reduced to compensate ;)
    A crit build should be a playstyle not an I win button.

Welcome by the way.
  • Looks like stealth will be a thing my friend. Frankly I don't mind it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehx6mQ-EiW4
  • I dont mind stealth but if theres a parth where you can have a choice of no stealth for something els. My hope is rogue and stealth do not have the same relationship as mage and magic 
  • I don't think you fundamentally understand what a rogue is if you want a rogue without stealth. They're stealthy assassin-type characters. It's what they do. It sounds to me you want a different type of finesse fighter, like a swashbuckler or a duelist.
  • Yeah pretty much what Lyiat said. A rogue without stealth doesn't make much sense to me. Also i'd like to know your reasoning to not like stealth its literally every rogues dream to jump some unsuspecting person. 

• Yeah pretty much what Lyiat said. A rogue without stealth doesn't make much sense to me. Also i'd like to know your reasoning to not like stealth its literally every rogues dream to jump some unsuspecting person. 

I imagine he probably doesn't like how stealth is done in most games, which is just a generic invisibility thing. Which while I agree it's kind of a cheap, lazy way to do it I'll be damned if I can think of better stealth mechanics that would work for an MMO.
  • I like the refraction rather than invisibility intrepid use.
    You can be detected if people look hard and you arent careful and move around too much.
    I guess 90% transparency could work equally well if you stick to the shadows and such.

I think its the different between a magic rogue and a physical rogue. A physical rogue would use distraction techniques and sleight of hand. Keep you looking at what he/she wants you to look at (somewhere else). A magical rogue typically means there is nothing to look at even if you did.
  • Fundamentally, a rogue is just an unprincipled person. So while stealth is a staple of the rogue and should be included, I can see the potential for a rogue that doesn’t use stealth. Perhaps the rogue will attack a target from the shadows, but maybe he will set a trap and lure the target. Maybe he will kill from a distance with a poison arrow. If push comes to shove, he throws dirt in your eyes to get some advantage. The guiding principal is that a rogue rarely fights fair if he can help it. He break the rules for his own gain.

Also, I don't think the morphing abilities Fude described would have to be shapeshifting. I would love to see a ‘disguise’ ability that made a player indistinguishable from an NPC. There could be a lot of possibilities with that. >:)

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Antigehn said:

Fundamentally, a rogue is just an unprincipled person. So while stealth is a staple of the rogue and should be included, I can see the potential for a rogue that doesn’t use stealth. Perhaps the rogue will attack a target from the shadows, but maybe he will set a trap and lure the target. Maybe he will kill from a distance with a poison arrow. If push comes to shove, he throws dirt in your eyes to get some advantage. The guiding principal is that a rogue rarely fights fair if he can help it. He break the rules for his own gain.

Also, I don't think the morphing abilities Fude described would have to be shapeshifting. I would love to see a ‘disguise’ ability that made a player indistinguishable from an NPC. There could be a lot of possibilities with that. >:)

Whats the point of disguises with a cash shop though ?
    Although impersonating an NPC could have benefits from a PvP and PvE standpoint.
  • I just cant imagine a fantasy rouge without stealth... it's kind of a standard at this point :3