Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Rogue no stealth

Hi i want to play a rogue but i dont want to use stealth!!! 
I no your not at the point of class's being 100% done.
So with that in mind i would like to try and give some ideas of a stealth substitute skill.
Teleaporting like x mans night crawler

Morphing into things like a npc or small animal or log like naruto

Haveing increased dex so your really hard to hit but you can crite easy. Pa dota

I just dont like stealth but i like everything else about the rogue life 

Comments

• Shape shifting would be good...but is that really a rogue talent ? Could be a version of the rogue.
    You can have increased crit build ...as long as the base damage/mitigation/healing is reduced to compensate ;)
    A crit build should be a playstyle not an I win button.

Welcome by the way.
  • Looks like stealth will be a thing my friend. Frankly I don't mind it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehx6mQ-EiW4
  • I dont mind stealth but if theres a parth where you can have a choice of no stealth for something els. My hope is rogue and stealth do not have the same relationship as mage and magic 
  • I don't think you fundamentally understand what a rogue is if you want a rogue without stealth. They're stealthy assassin-type characters. It's what they do. It sounds to me you want a different type of finesse fighter, like a swashbuckler or a duelist.
  • Yeah pretty much what Lyiat said. A rogue without stealth doesn't make much sense to me. Also i'd like to know your reasoning to not like stealth its literally every rogues dream to jump some unsuspecting person. 

• Yeah pretty much what Lyiat said. A rogue without stealth doesn't make much sense to me. Also i'd like to know your reasoning to not like stealth its literally every rogues dream to jump some unsuspecting person. 

I imagine he probably doesn't like how stealth is done in most games, which is just a generic invisibility thing. Which while I agree it's kind of a cheap, lazy way to do it I'll be damned if I can think of better stealth mechanics that would work for an MMO.
  • I like the refraction rather than invisibility intrepid use.
    You can be detected if people look hard and you arent careful and move around too much.
    I guess 90% transparency could work equally well if you stick to the shadows and such.

I think its the different between a magic rogue and a physical rogue. A physical rogue would use distraction techniques and sleight of hand. Keep you looking at what he/she wants you to look at (somewhere else). A magical rogue typically means there is nothing to look at even if you did.
  • Fundamentally, a rogue is just an unprincipled person. So while stealth is a staple of the rogue and should be included, I can see the potential for a rogue that doesn’t use stealth. Perhaps the rogue will attack a target from the shadows, but maybe he will set a trap and lure the target. Maybe he will kill from a distance with a poison arrow. If push comes to shove, he throws dirt in your eyes to get some advantage. The guiding principal is that a rogue rarely fights fair if he can help it. He break the rules for his own gain.

Also, I don't think the morphing abilities Fude described would have to be shapeshifting. I would love to see a ‘disguise’ ability that made a player indistinguishable from an NPC. There could be a lot of possibilities with that. >:)

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Antigehn said:

Fundamentally, a rogue is just an unprincipled person. So while stealth is a staple of the rogue and should be included, I can see the potential for a rogue that doesn’t use stealth. Perhaps the rogue will attack a target from the shadows, but maybe he will set a trap and lure the target. Maybe he will kill from a distance with a poison arrow. If push comes to shove, he throws dirt in your eyes to get some advantage. The guiding principal is that a rogue rarely fights fair if he can help it. He break the rules for his own gain.

Also, I don't think the morphing abilities Fude described would have to be shapeshifting. I would love to see a ‘disguise’ ability that made a player indistinguishable from an NPC. There could be a lot of possibilities with that. >:)

Whats the point of disguises with a cash shop though ?
    Although impersonating an NPC could have benefits from a PvP and PvE standpoint.
  • I just cant imagine a fantasy rouge without stealth... it's kind of a standard at this point :3