Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Disappointed

I was under the impression AoC was going to be a PVE game.  If what I am hearing is true, that this is a PVP game, I will never play it. I consider it a bait and switch scheme. And yes it is PVP if someone can be attacked and killed without expressly agreeing to the combat. Switching to PVP, is a grossly unethical after taking money from people with an expectation of only PVE. My wife and I would like our money back unless the decision to go a PVP route is rescinded. I do not expect that to happen, so I consider this fraudulent.

Comments

• I'm only new here but I can find nowhere where Intrepid said or implied this game would be purely PvE? If anything, it was implied from the start that it would be PvP when they said players would create the story and lore themselves through their interactions with one another.
  • Hi @thainze. I will kindly point you here where someone has a surprisingly similar complaint. It has some things you should read since it's basically the same topic.
  • PvX . Not solely PvP. 
    And this honestly doesn't even feel plausible tbh - who spends their money on something ... without knowing what it is ? You mean to tell me you researched "nothing" ... but you still bought it ?

The closest safe spot is in Town. But not really. Its only safer because the NPC Guards will be around. So its kinda 50/50.Even so, the whole of PvX is 
    • to intertwine the PvE aspects with PvP aspects for a hypothetical perfect mix. Hence, both Players needing each other
  • The game is and has always been PvX
  • My comment stands. It is PVP if someone can attack me without my consent. Some of the content being PVE, does not change that.
  • Ok.  Good luck.  :)
This discussion has been closed.