Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Build your own skills, people! It's fun!

Just wanted to make this post, giving a shout out to @Diura, for making an extremely fun thread, over in the Fan Creation category, and to @Nagash for giving me the 411, about it's existence!

We have plenty of interesting threads about theory crafting, mechanic speculation, and polls, polls, polls, oh so many polls!  And, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.  I learn something new, everyday.

But, @Diura has provided a thread where posters can imagine a character...any character...they may make in the game (or not), and put it to pen and pad.  Or, digital text, as it were.

I would definitely love to see how creative a lot of you guys can be, because I imagine there's some pretty amazing potential in all of you!  Plus, there's no pressure, just fun.  Take your time and post what you want, when you're satisfied with what you've come up with.

I hope to see a lot more entries, because I'll be checking!  For all that don't know, link's below! :)

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/36759/build-your-skills

Thanks, everyone!  :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Real quick, even if you don't feel like posting, that's cool.  Just giving it a read over may inspire you!  Okay, now I'm done, lol.  :p 
  • Options
    I am currently working on a one armed pull-up and pushup 
  • Options
    yay more people

• Options
    I haven't fleshed out a character since TOR. I feel so out of practice. I guess I've become disheartened because in the past, any game I fleshed out my character ends up pointless because of in-game limitations. I think I'll develop him/her once I see how cross class skills work. I do look forward to other people's ideas.
  • Options
    Loyheta said:
    I haven't fleshed out a character since TOR. I feel so out of practice. I guess I've become disheartened because in the past, any game I fleshed out my character ends up pointless because of in-game limitations. I think I'll develop him/her once I see how cross class skills work. I do look forward to other people's ideas.
    It's extremely hard for digital games to live up to people's imaginations.  Digital games are limited by technology, whereas people's imaginations are only limited by one's own creativity, so I definitely understand where you're coming from.

The purpose of the "Build Your Skill" thread, is more of a fun exercise in what you would like your character to be, in your head, as opposed to what may actually be implemented in-game.  But, no pressure!  If/when you feel ready, drop on by.  And, bring a friend!   :)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    Wish i had know about the other thread. Guess I must've missed it Xo