Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Ganking...if you could call it that

2»

Comments

• good  o:)

• This is perfect. Exactly how it should work.

And if you turn purple, and a mob kills the green person you flagged on, you should not, and most likely will not, gain any karma as you did not kill anyone, a random mob just finished off an unprepared adventurer. 
  • @Digital_Wind With my recent exploration into Bless, I have to say your animal comparison rings extremely true to me. As a Paladin I am a really hard target to kill atm, but I also don't have much of a kill potential against decent people.
    I had several scenarious in the open world were it was just useless to fight, imo, and I thought more often than once, "I would like to just withdraw now cause this will take forever/doesn't get me anything".
    Since there is no penalty tho, people just keep going at it no matter what.
    Worst I had was a 15min fight between me and a mage were an enemy paladin joined in....I had NO chance to kill either of them anymore, but they also didn't have the skills equip to stop me from healing myself...I just kept moving away, but they kept chasing...cause.. yeah why not..until I ran to the next camp to be guarded.
    So I think your example might become an everyday sight in Verra. Dominance was shown so you withdraw/earned your spot until someone else comes along to challenge it.
  • @Grisu Congrats on your minute fight, that's something to remember.  I hope that there will be enough compeitivness that some PK is encouraged.  I think it is important to remember that players always have a choice on whether or not to engage a ganker.

I for one will let them kill me to give them the middle thinger of corruption - unless it's my pvp toon of course.