Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Whoops - Did we kill our Bounty Hunting System?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Loyheta said:
    Really funny and cool. However, I think there would be troll guilds just coordinating flags to turn random people into trolls. I think the best way to handle this system is to allow GMs or Mods designate players and give them the ability to do this in-game. That is up to them to think of a system to implement this. However, without the ability to become a 'judge' so-to-say, this system would be abused like any other.
    I'd love to see "designate troll" as something moderators can do. Just send them a message "look dude, we've seen this, its not cool, if you don't cool down, you're spending three days as a troll, and everyone will be able to hunt you all they like" (and trolls get auto attacked by the NPC guards in larger towns). 
    no just no ...
  • Options
    @Valerian & @Astrontonol  Ha Ha, I think it would be fun to have the corrupt ganker to physically turn into a big ugly troll until redemtion, so his/her outside reflects their inner soul. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    @ashlynmae I'm not sure the corrupt will turn into a troll, but I think it was said that you will be able to tell a corrupted player by effects and they showed a creature with that lava crazed effect.  So at least the skin will show it; perhaps even the eyes.
  • Options
    Alert! care-bears spoted. If you are not confident enough to chellange your skills and tacticts in mmopvx game mayby you should just switch to single player games :* instead of ruining all the fun of playing mmo pvx game just to cover your unsecurness.
  • Options
    I still think you should just get a smaller portion of corruption for just initiating combat with a non-combatant.  

Which would also help with bounties.  And if I choose to fight back and defend myself I don't feel that somehow I'm rewarding the ganker by not giving them corruption.

• Options
    Szejm said:
    Alert! care-bears spoted. If you are not confident enough to chellange your skills and tacticts in mmopvx game mayby you should just switch to single player games :* instead of ruining all the fun of playing mmo pvx game just to cover your unsecurness.
    remind me to let dave teach you some manners 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    Szejm said:
    If you could stop judging other people's play style; that would be great :)
    Let's get one thing straight; this game is not just for only YOUR pleasure and play style to play. IS stated from the very beginning that there would be a fine balance between PvPers and PvErs. If you do not like the idea of the corruption/bounty hunter system used as a balance then perhaps you should take your own advice and play something else.

Edit: and here's a funny idea; how about waiting until the system actually gets tested before judging it? 
    Suggestions are good and all, but only go so far before the system has even been tried in the game. 
  • Options
    The whole idea is that despite the freedom of the game you dont want to have a bunch of genocidal guys trying to kill everything that breathes thats why the penalty for killing random players is harsh so that you keep your pvp in designated areas but at the same time make other players feel a bit of danger around strangers.
  • Options
    Stranger Danger!
    Image result for stranger danger gif
  • Options
    Stranger Danger!
    Image result for stranger danger gif
    I wont go giving people my cookies...
  • Options
    I agree that we shouldn't judge a system until we see it, however we already know quite a bit of the systems in place to discourage PKing...and they are quite extensive and punishing.
    Give that AOC will be subscription based we can expext that there won't be alot of kiddies and more of the people who know what they are doing...and as such, most of thees players will at least be minimally smart enough to have weighed the rewards of ganking much lower than the penalities - thus only a few Ganks-of-Oppurtunity and no real bounties to take.
  • Options
    I agree that we shouldn't judge a system until we see it, however we already know quite a bit of the systems in place to discourage PKing...and they are quite extensive and punishing.
    Give that AOC will be subscription based we can expext that there won't be alot of kiddies and more of the people who know what they are doing...and as such, most of thees players will at least be minimally smart enough to have weighed the rewards of ganking much lower than the penalities - thus only a few Ganks-of-Oppurtunity and no real bounties to take.
    Well by that logic it sounds like you believe that everything is already tested and decided upon; it is not. I could get behind this view if we were in the beta stage and nothing had been changed. However, as of this moment none of us have a clue about exactly "how punishing" the system will be.

They have already stated that there will be extensive testing of the PvP and corruption systems. Not only this, but there are a good number of people here who have shown interest in exploring and tearing apart these systems bit for bit and feed back to the developers about potential bugs and oversights.

So it would be worthwhile revisiting this topic later this year when these systems will be openly tested. Let's give them a chance at least. 
  • Options
    I know I will be out there corrupted. You guys can all come take my gear.