Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Motivation for node vs node conflict
Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered. What is the motivation of war/conflict between nodes?
Access to resources?
Let's suppose node A decides to attack node B and destroys it's main city. What are the rewards for the conquering node? Does that node incorporate the territory into its' node?
One node can stunt another node's growth. Destroying the node next door would open new growth and possibilities for you.
May I suggest you read the blogs concerning nodes. They would offer you an insight on nodes.
I'll try to sum up a wee bit:
1. There are different Node types (Divine, Economic, Military and Scientific). Each Node type offers different benefits and services.
2. There are 6 stages of Node progression. (Expedition, Encampment, Village, Town, City and Metropolis.
3. Each Node has a zone of influence which is an area surrounding the node.
4. When a Node advances more benefits and services unlock. It's zone of influence also increases.
5. If a Node grows to the point that its zone of influence begins to overlap with another Node ZOI, the lower level node can not level up. It can still gather experience but it can't advance.
6. If players want more benefits and services their Node offers then they must declare sieges etc to allow progression.
I'm sure we will see other reasons but ofcourse a lot of these will derive from individuals/guilds over whatever "stuff" is going on in game ^^