Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Motivation for node vs node conflict

Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered. What is the motivation of war/conflict between nodes?
Caravan routes?
Access to resources?

Let's suppose node A decides to attack node B and destroys it's main city. What are the rewards for the conquering node? Does that node incorporate the territory into its' node?

Comments

• Mattchoo said:
    Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered. What is the motivation of war/conflict between nodes?
    Caravan routes?
    Access to resources?

Let's suppose node A decides to attack node B and destroys it's main city. What are the rewards for the conquering node? Does that node incorporate the territory into its' node?

One node can stunt another node's growth.   Destroying the node next door would open new  growth and possibilities for you.

May  I suggest you read the blogs concerning nodes.  They would offer you an insight on nodes.

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/node-series-part-one/

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    Gosh yeah ~ That's a question that's best answered by reading the Node Series ^^

I'll try to sum up a wee bit:

1. There are different Node types (Divine, Economic, Military and Scientific). Each Node type offers different benefits and services.
    2.  There are 6 stages of Node progression. (Expedition, Encampment, Village, Town, City and Metropolis.
    3. Each Node has a zone of influence which is an area surrounding the node.
    4. When a Node advances more benefits and services unlock. It's zone of influence also increases.
    5. If a Node grows to the point that its zone of influence begins to overlap with another Node ZOI, the lower level node can not level up. It can still gather experience but it can't advance. 
    6. If players want more benefits and services their Node offers then they must declare sieges etc to allow progression.

I'm sure we will see other reasons but ofcourse a lot of these will derive from individuals/guilds over whatever "stuff" is going on in game ^^ 
  • In the grim darkness of the new MMO there is only nodes 
  • yeah so if your node starts to get overlapped by another, larger node, if you take it down and delevel it, it will allow you to potentially level up and overlap the other node.
  • We have also heard that the longer a node stays up the better the reward for taking it down.