Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hey all,

Greetings everyone, I been lurking the game and I am excited from what I am seeing here.

I am hoping for more information on customization of characters. I am hoping to see in debth customization from the start and into the game it self. One area I really am hoping will be more unique with this game is the in game customization. The after initial creation period, being able to customize clothing and gear. 

Example - A coat changing the coat length, buttons, collars, the colors of each item. Something more cattered to creating.

Comments

• Options
    Since you mentioned customization I think you may be interested in the quote from the June 4th live stream I found on aocdungeon which I copy pasted below.
    https://www.theaocdungeon.com/threads/first-look-at-pvp-castle-sieges-in-ashes-of-creation.127/
    Will there be a glamour system? Transmog
    • Jeffrey: It’s not going to be glamour in like I cast a spell or apply a temporary buff on myself to change appearance, but it will be in the form of cosmetic equipment slots. If I want to change the appearance of my equiped helm I put another helmet in that slot and it overrides the appearance of it. We’ve talked a bit about how that applies to PvP threat assessment. We haven't come to a decision on that yet. We want to give enough tools to players to determine that he’s wearing plate even though he looks like he’s wearing robes.
    • Peter: We love having players look the way they want to look, and we’ve enjoyed it in other games.
    you maybe able to find more info by looking in this quote bin hope this post helps you out. :)
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/10158/quotebin-quotes-of-intrepid-team-from-discord/p1
  • Options
    Welcome to ashes ^^ 
  • Options
    Welcome to Ashes!!!  The great thing about Ashes is that you will only have to drop $15 to try it for a month when it comes out since it will be subscription based with no buy in price.
  • Options
    Welcome to the community :3
  • Options
    Welcome to your new home!
  • Options
    Demorte said:
    Greetings everyone, I been lurking the game and I am excited from what I am seeing here.

I am hoping for more information on customization of characters. I am hoping to see in debth customization from the start and into the game it self. One area I really am hoping will be more unique with this game is the in game customization. The after initial creation period, being able to customize clothing and gear. 

Example - A coat changing the coat length, buttons, collars, the colors of each item. Something more cattered to creating.
    Steven has mentioned that he likes the way BDO way of customization is and wants to achieve something similar. Welcome to the community!
  • Options
    Welcome to the Ashes community!
  • Options
    welcome ^^

• Options
    Welcome young mage trainee, I will guide you in the ways of destruction magic, for I am the Arch Wizard of the mages guild in Ashes.

• Options
    Welcome @Demorte to the AoC famz, I am also excited regarding custom outfits and where it will go.  :wink:
  • Options
    Welcome to the community
  • Options
    Thank you for all the welcomes everyone
  • Options
    Welcome to the community!! 
  • Options
    Welcome to the forums :mrgreen:
    Enjoy your stay.