Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Game Summary for New Players

Hey, I have been going around for a while now, and have found a decent amount information, I just wanted to check this with some people that may know more. I learned about this game a couple days ago and decided to register today.
Some questions I have:

Is the referral program active even though the game has not been released?

Does the referred person have to purchase something for me to obtain something?

Are their 8x8 classes total or 8x7, which means things like no tankxtank?

If I do tankxtank, how will it boost my gameplay? Do my tank skills get stronger or do I get more advanced tank skills?

If I buy a preorder pack like the $75 or $150 one I enter a testing phase when it begins and not right away right?

Does your testing phase character carry over? (Because it is decently expensive)

How do guilds work? Can we already form them?

How do flying mounts work?

Thank you for any responses, these are all my questions so far. I will continue searching to see if I can find more information. Help would be greatly appreciated, however.

Comments

• Options
    Image result for welcome to the party pal gif
    All good questions for someone who hasn't been following the game. Here are a couple resources to get you started in your quest for information.
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/10158/quotebin-quotes-of-intrepid-team-from-discord/p1
    http://www.aocwiki.net/Main_Page
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    Welcome to the community!

Is the referral program active even though the game has not been released? Yes

Does the referred person have to purchase something for me to obtain something? Yes, but you will not receive anything until the game is released. 15% of what they spend. 

Are their 8x8 classes total or 8x7, which means things like no tankxtank? 8x8

If I do tankxtank, how will it boost my gameplay? Do my tank skills get stronger or do I get more advanced tank skills? Only speculation right now. 

If I buy a preorder pack like the $75 or $150 one I enter a testing phase when it begins and not right away right?  You can not purchase the ability to play right now. Earliest you can purchase is Q4 of this year. 

Does your testing phase character carry over? (Because it is decently expensive) No, they will be wiped. 

How do guilds work? Can we already form them? You can not form them officialy but by all means make one and start recruiting. 

How do flying mounts work? They will be extremely rare and only for the leader  of a node or castle. Can’t remember which. 

• Options
    Sintu said:

How do flying mounts work? They will be extremely rare and only for the leader  of a node or castle. Can’t remember which. 

All excellent correct answers with the information given so far. Will address the last one to clear up any confusion. There are 5 static pvp controlled castles in game and there is maximum 5 level 6 metropolis in game. The leaders of those 10 specific offices will gain access to a mount with "true flight." Since the population target is for 8-10k concurrent players on a server, and those populations would need to be reached for that many castles to be successfully occupied and metros maintained, that means 0.001% of players will have access to "true flight" at any time on the server. There will be some exceedingly rare mounts that will drop also, but they are also timed to a maximum life of 2-4 weeks then gone for good. There is a plethora of information about mounts, mount skins, and flying vs gliding direct quotes from the developers regarding their intentions listed in nice, easy categories in the quotebin I linked above.
  • Options
    Welcome to the community
  • Options
    Welcome to the Ashes community!  
  • Options
    Welcome young mage trainee, I will guide you in the ways of destruction magic, for I am the Arch Wizard of the mages guild in Ashes.

• Options
    Welcome @Ghastlyshadowhunter317 to the AoC famz..   :D
  • Options
    Welcome to the community , let us know which one you purchase :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Welcome to the community