Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

About the time between seasons...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nefelia said:
    I think monthly seasonal shifts would work better. Casual gamers would be able to spend the first weekend adjusting to changes and figuring out what seasonal content to focus on, and then have three weekends to carry out those plans.
    That was my exact thought as well for why I was thinking a monthly system sounds like it'd be good.  If someone can only play on the weekends, it gives them that amount of time.
    Sikuba said:
    I guess it all depends on how long you want your seasonal events to be, considering many events wouldn't make sense occurring over the course of multiple seasons. Not to mention the ever-changing and responsive world is likely to have some seasonal threats or dungeons that require certain weather/climate-based conditions to appear. Whether one week is enough time for the player-base to complete a season's worth of meaningful content is entirely up to the developers.
    Definitely true.  It'll require a lot of playtesting and figuring out!  My one worry with this, however, is that it seems like how long seasons are implemented for won't get a very large amount of testing.

We'll see how that pans out, though!