Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

More than one healing class?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lusiphur said:
    I believe that players need to get away from thinking of clerics as healers.  Do something else with your character to support your team instead of spamming heals on a tank/cleric who may have his own self heal or a fighter that has a vampiric weapon.  

Does anyone know what the unique skill is for clerics?  I'm not sure but countering poison may be it or will it be something to deal with undead?  Build something off that instead of not paying attention to the beautiful fight in front of you because your eyes are glued to lifebars on the edge of the screen.
    battle priest is always fine to see in games just make sure they leave me alone *gods dam turn undead*
  • Options
    I am actually afraid cleric-cleric - so pure cleric - won't be good to use, because it'll be always better to choose healing + something more offensive/tanky and pure cleric will be just for people who want healing easymode.
    But I believe they will balance it out somehow.
  • Options
    KiMi said:
    I am actually afraid cleric-cleric - so pure cleric - won't be good to use, because it'll be always better to choose healing + something more offensive/tanky and pure cleric will be just for people who want healing easymode.
    But I believe they will balance it out somehow.
    Yo dawg I heard you like heals so I put heals in your heals so you can heal while healing.
  • Options
    I've seen it implemented in another game. Cleric was the main healer with Mage as a kind of secondary.. then late in the expansion they sell healer specs for the other classes. Total disaster. It put 2 out of 3 Cleric healing specialties in the garbage, later.. all of them. Then add gearing in and then even the support healing spec was not needed. It is a balance nightmare to have multiple contending healing classes. That is why FFXIV healer specs are essentially carbon copies with minor differences and interclass stacking of shielding is not allowed. 
    MT and large AOE healing should reside in one class alone. I for one welcome a game where the classical model is brought back, bucking these dead end trends of having everyone do everything. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Yamsacle said:
    I've seen it implemented in another game. Cleric was the main healer with Mage as a kind of secondary.. then late in the expansion they sell healer specs for the other classes. Total disaster. It put 2 out of 3 Cleric healing specialties in the garbage, later.. all of them.
    huh, sounds like you are talking about Rift, in which case I completely agree with you. Clerics got shafted hard with the release of the new rogue, warrior, and mage healing soul.
    The fact that the new mage healing soul was allowed to be so damned OP for so long is what drove me from the game permanently. A damned shame, since the healing souls had been relatively well balanced up to that point.
    Hopefully IS will be able to do a better job of implementing and balancing the different healing options for AoC.